Chapter 16:Cursed

Her name was Minnie. She was a well-mannered girl, if not extremely shy, and as Y/N soon learned, she was only Tzuyu's age when she had died single and alone.

While disappointed in her lack of love life while alive, Minnie would've much preferred to carry on in the afterlife unaccompanied rather than spend her time attached to a total stranger.

That, of course, had been dashed by the whims of her younger sister who was a romantic at heart and had sent out the pouch in the hopes that Minnie would be happier in death than she was in life.

Tzuyu's rather impromptu trip to the park had sealed the deal. She hadn't thought much of the pouch when she'd found it by the bank - but that was before she opened it and doomed herself for all eternity.

As such, circumstances found Y/N walking up the long stone stairs to Ane and Mone shrine the following morning with Nayeon at her side, hoping beyond all hope that the sisters had a way of remedying Tzuyu and Minnie's little problem.

Y/N had just finished telling Nayeon of how she had had to admit to Tzuyu the true nature of her job after explaining what she knew of the pouch.

"I think your friend took it well," Nayeon commented idly. "Considering you told her you work at a hotel for ghosts and that she's now to be wedded to a spirit for eternity."

Y/N rolled her eyes, "It's not funny," she scowled, seeing Nayeon's faint grin. "I am not letting Tzuyu marry a ghost. Dahyun would kill me!"

Nayeon shrugged, "She won't have much of a choice if Ane and Mone don't come up with something."

Knowing Nayeon was right, Y/N could only bite her lip in silence as they passed by the torii gate to the shrine.

It was a small and almost derelict looking temple, but had a homely feel to its wear and tear.

What surprised Y/N the most about the shrine, however, was the familiar creature lounging by the steps in the sun.

"Blue!" Y/N exclaimed, cheering up considerably.

The dog's ears perked at her voice and he raised his soft fluffy head in excitement. Immediately spotting Y/N by the entrance of the courtyard, blue jumped to his feet and bounded towards her like an overexcited dog, pushing and bumping at her hip with his huge head.

Y/N laughed, rubbing blue behind his ears, "I missed you too boy." she cooed, ignoring how Nayeon scoffed beside her.

"Blue!" a voice suddenly called out. "No maiming of our guests!"

A pretty girl in a miko outfit came out of the temple wielding a broom, but in recognising her visitors, lowered the brush in ease, "Oh, it's you two. Don't tell me you've come to take him back after only a day."

Nayeon scoffed, "No thanks. He's your problem now."

Blue briefly lifted his head to give Nayeon an unimpressed growl.

The girl raised an eyebrow, "Then are you here to visit?"

"To ask for advice."

The woman assessed them for a moment before nodding. "Very well. Come in."

Y/N gave Blue one last scratch under his chin, and they followed her into the temple.