Chapter 34:Blood Orange

Expecting a lavish office, Y/N was surprised to find that the elevator doors opened onto a large, dark room instead.

Vaguely, Y/N was able to perceive a large man asleep at a low desk at the center back of the room.

"Housen." Y/N whispered, "I have your dinner."

The man stirred from his sleep, sluggishly waking up. Y/N approached the desk and set the tray on the table. Housen grunted and lifted his head with effort to look up at her.

Housen's hair was grey and long, and his skin was scratchy and wrinkled around his eyes. He was old, but undoubtedly intimidating in his physique.

Y/N made a mental note to watch out for any sudden movements.

"New girl, huh?" Housen grumbled, he smelled like booze and his eyes were clouded as he peered up at her, "I like your eyes. Sit with me."

Since this was exactly what Y/N wanted, she did not say anything as she moved to sit beside him.

"What's your name?" Housen questioned roughly.

"Kanna." replied Y/N in her most demure voice, the false name slipping out from her mouth in such a natural manner that it almost took her by surprise, "Yui is... busy. I was sent to her place."

Housen's thin eyes traveled up and down her body, "I see." he said in a low voice and Y/N almost involuntarily flinched.

Y/N gulped inaudibly, "Won't you eat?" she asked, trying to divert Housen's attention to the food platter.

Housen took hold of Y/N's shoulder, his touch sending a disgusting chill down her body, "In a bit," he rasped, the overpowering stench of alcohol filling Y/N's nose, "I think I'll have dessert first."

With all the deadly precision Y/N had learnt from her father, she flicked out a knife from her sleeve and pressed it against a vein in Housen's thick neck.

"I don't think so." Y/N said, dropping the charm from her voice.

"Interesting," Housen said, fully awakened, "The rabbit has claws."

Y/N pressed her knife deeper into his skin, "And she is not afraid to use them," she growled, "Now..where is Seita?"

Housen's throat moved, "Who?"

Y/N gritted her teeth, "Don't play dumb. The boy of the woman you murdered in cold blood, remember? Where have you hidden him?"

With a speed Y/N hadn't expected from his alcohol induced state, Housen grabbed her wrist and twisted the knife sharply from her grip.

Before Y/N could even gasp, his other hand was around her throat, "Did you think it would be that easy?" he grinned, and slammed her into the desk.

Y/N felt her head crack against the hard surface.

"I didn't think one of Hinowa's rats would be brave enough to come up here on their own, but you must be a particularly stupid breed," Housen said, leaning in close, "Very stupid indeed - especially when you consider that I have no idea where the brat is."