Chapter 32:Altercate

A week had passed since Y/N's distribution of Seita's posters, but she had yet to receive any calls.

In fact, after a brief investigation, she found that many of said posters had actually been taken down, and frustrated by her lack of progress, she made the decision to visit her sister at the Seoul Metropolitan Police Department the following day.

Already in a sour mood, Y/N's morning worsened upon accidentally boarding a train that would've taken her directly to the Hotel del Luna instead of the Police department.

Y/N hadn't been to work since her argument with Nayeon, and her train mishap was a bitter reminder of how Nayeon hadn't looked for her in that time either.

Nayeon would never be mad at her lover, Y/N thought resentfully, thinking of the way Nayeon had stared at Lisa at the restaurant.

Y/N paused. No - that wasn't right.

There's no point staying mad at you if you aren't her.

Y/N frowned. What could she have meant by that?

Maybe...

Y/N faltered and shook her head to rid herself of the incomplete thought. There was no use in dwelling on Nayeon's cryptic words when Y/N had more pressing concerns, and forcing the memory from her mind, she switched trains and carried on.

The Metropolitan Police Department was not so difficult to find, but asking for Jennie at the front desk was a far more arduous process than Y/N had thought it would be.

With over 40000 police staff and civilian personnel combined, it took an hour alone just to verify Y/N's identity and page the right station, and by the time she finally met her sister, it was already high noon.

Jennie crossed the lobby to meet Y/N at the receptionist's desk, "What do you want?"

"Have you still not found her kid?" Y/N demanded immediately.

Jennie made a face, knowing exactly who she meant. She flashed the receptionist a false smile and led Y/N away from the desk, looking very much like an embarrassed older sister.

"Stop yelling," Jennie scolded, taking Y/N aside, "It's been a week. Why do you care so much?"

Y/N's eyebrows drew together, "It's just... I know him, okay?" she lied, "He used to play around my neighbourhood."

"It might not even be the same kid," Jennei said, exasperated. "Let it go-"

Y/N groaned loudly, "I won't! I even went somewhere to get a photo." she took out a folded copy of her missing persons poster, "I made these to look for him, but-"

Jennie shoved Y/N's arm down, her eyes wide.

"Yah!" Y/N protested, but before she could say anything else, Jennie steered her out the door and around the side of the building.

Y/N shook off Jennie's hold, "Jennie! What is the big deal?"

Jennie grabbed Y/N's wrist and roughly held up her arm to look at the poster in her grip, "You're the one who's been putting these up?"