Chapter 19:Kinsman

Y/N stopped at a traffic light and waited, scuffing the pavement with her shoes a little regretfully, "...How was I supposed to know those dreams were real?"

The light turned green and she sighed, crossing the road. She saw that on the other side, a woman stood with her hands behind her back, looking up at the night sky.

"Weirdo." said Y/N under breath, but paused as she took notice of her long silver hair and the familiar black dress.

"Hey!" Y/N called, recognising her, "You are the woman from the hotel earlier, right?"

The woman gave her no acknowledgement.

Y/N frowned, coming to a stop before her, "He-hey, can you hear me?"

The woman gave a long, tired sigh, "For thousands of years, these stars have watched loyally over the earth." she said, still gazing upward.

Y/N studied the woman's face and she thought this woman looks like the girl from the train, "Are you Sana's sister?"

Flecks of the night sky were reflected in her colourless eyes, "Hundreds of civilisations have risen and fallen in those years as humans forget the lessons they've learned, betraying and turning on each other every century." the woman smiled coldly, "They never change."

The woman finally looked at Y/N, "No, she's not my sister." she confirmed, "Although, I should have known that my kinder counterpart would have also paid you a visit. Out of the ten of us, Sana is the most interested in Nayeon's wellbeing."

Y/N scrutinised her carefully, "Ten of us..." she repeated, and it dawned on her. "You are one of those queens. You and Sana."

The woman mockingly inclined hee head, "My name is Mina. I trust my scissors served you well?"

"Oh right." Y/N took the scissors out from her pocket.

Mina held out a hand to receive them, but before Y/N gave them back, she continued with narrowed eyes, "You said earlier that you wanted an equivalent exchange in return for them."

"Ah, that's right," Mina mused, "A life for a life is the usual deal - especially for use of the scissors of fate."

Y/N awaited her verdict with a clenched fist, but Mina suddenly smiled. "However," she said, surprising her, "I'm feeling charitable. And besides, we haven't had such a heartbroken soul come to us in such a long time. I must thank you for that."

Before Y/N could demand an explanation, Mina suggested, "How about I take a minute of your life?"

Y/N was stunned by the proposal, "A minute?'

Mina continued to smile down on her, "You're a very important person, Y/N. A minute of your life is just as valuable to me as some ordinary soul."

Y/N frowned in suspicion, "How?"

"Why are you so surprised? After all, it takes an extraordinary person to work alongside a killer."

Y/N stared at her, "You mean Nayeon?"

Mina pretended to be confused, "You didn't know?" she questioned with false innocence, "How odd. Doesn't it make you wonder what else you haven't been told?"