Chapter 39:Pitch Black

Soon, the dog spirit was leaping down into the alleyway behind the cinema.

Y/N jumped off his back and rushed inside the building, giving each cinema room a cursory glance.

Jennie and Lisa would've surely already met up for their movie, and knowing them, they would've both likely chosen a gruesome action film to suit their mutual sadistic tastes.

Luckily, there weren't too many options to guess from, and after a quick study of the movie posters outside every room, Y/N chose the most appropriate film and hurried inside the cinema where the movie had already started.

Y/N went down the alleys at a brisk walk, thoroughly scanning each seat before finally locating her friend and sister at the very front.

Lisa was whispering something in Jennie's ear, and her sister was giggling softly in response.

Y/N rolled her eyes and sat down beside her sister with a thump.

Jennie shot her a deadly look, her mouth open and ready to say something potentially rude until she registered who was occupying the seat.

"Y/N?"

Y/N exhale deeply, "I ran over here because I was worried," she told Jennie, annoyed. "But it seems that you are perfectly fine."

Lisa glanced around Jennie in surprise, "Y/N? Are you okay?"

Jennie clicked her tongue, "My sister crashes our date and you ask if she's okay," she commented dryly.

Lisa shook her head before she spoke to Y/N, "Is something wrong?"

Y/N looked around, "Has anything weird happened?"

"Somebody's head got run over by a bike a few minutes ago." Jennie answered, gesturing to the big screen before them.

"I meant to you two!" Y/N scowled.

Somebody shushed them loudly from behind. Jennie flipped them off and turned to Y/N, "Forget that. Where did you go last night? Was it the sword girl?"

"Sword girl?" Lisa repeated with wide eyes.

Y/N grabbed Jennie's arm, "Did she come to see you?"

"You would've seen it on the news if she had," Jennie answered, "Because I would've blown her brains out, suspension or no suspension."

"Then have you seen anything suspicious? Nobody's tried to harm you?"

Lisa cocked her head, "What exactly are you worried about Y/N?"

Y/N frowned, scrutinising their surroundings.

Nightfall coupled with the dark ambience of the cinema made their current location the perfect setting for a potential attack.

Housen's powers would also be at their peak, but if he hadn't yet showed up even in this ideal scenario, then it was possible that she had worried over nothing.