Chapter 37:Agile

From dusk until dawn, Y/N desperately opened the doors to the Hotel del Luna over and over again, hoping each time that what awaited her on the other side would be different to the last; but no matter how many times she did so, the building remained an empty building, lifeless and abandoned.

Eventually, she gave up and resigned to go back home.

In the early hours of the morning, ghosts would usually be filing into the underground train station to escape the glare of the sun, but that day, Y/N saw nobody, which confirmed the worst of her suspicions - Nayeon had taken away her special sight, succeeding in completely cutting her off from the spiritual world.

A month ago, Y/N might've been thrilled. Now, she had never felt more lost and alone.

Arriving home in a stunned daze, she fell into her bed out of a sense of routine rather than by conscious decision.

Confused and exhausted, Y/N slept through most of the day, awoken only by a ringing noise in the afternoon.

Y/N reached for her phone and answered it groggily, "Hello?"

"Y/N." came a singsong voice on the other end, "Are you free tonight?"

Y/N sat up with a yawn, "Lalisa?"

Lisa laughed, "That's right. Did I wake you? It's almost four in the afternoon."

"I got back late." Y/N grumbled, rubbing her eyes, "I'm free. Why?"

"I have something to tell you. It's... about a girl."

Y/N properly woke at that, her stomach flipping nervously, "Oh."

Until then, it had not occurred to her that Nayeon's strange behavior could've been linked to Lisa's reappearance, but in hearing her friend's excitable voice, Y/N wondered if she was justified over the sense of dread she felt clenching around her heart.

After a brief one-sided discussion, they agreed to meet at the ramen restaurant that Nayeon had taken Y/N to when Nayeon was still convincing her to work at the Hotel del Luna.

The irony was not lost on her as she sat with Lisa at the very same booth they had eaten at, and in the time that it took to order their food, Y/N found that it was easier than she had thought it would be to admit that she missed Nayeon.

In the wake of Y/N's revelation, it hurt more than ever before to know that Nayeon likely did not feel the same way.

The blonde owner of the restaurant served their drinks and soon departed, leaving Y/N and Lisa alone.

"So," Lisa began, interrupting Y/N's train of thought, "I know I said I was going to stay single, but..."

"You're dating her, aren't you?" Y/N blurted out.

Lisa winced, "Yes? You're not mad are you?"

Y/N forced out a laugh, stirring her iced tea with a paper straw, "Why would I be mad? Be happy together, okay? I support you." she took a hearty swig of her drink and thus missed Lisa's confused blink.