Chapter 8:Depiction

The argument ensuing outside Nayeon's office had been going on for quite some time now, and Y/N was growing quickly sick of it.

"But I don't want to go in first!" a muffled voice insisted for the fifth time in a row.

"Oh come on, she's not going to bite your head off—"

"No, no, she will! You weren't there, Jihyo! You didn't see her eyes…"

A booming laugh interrupted the exchange. "You're overacting, Seulgi. I'm sure she's a lovely girl."

Y/N decided that she had been insulted enough for one night. She stood up and marched to the double doors, throwing them open with dramatic flourish.

"No," Y/N said sweetly. "She is not."

Of the three women before her, the second to the shortest make an audible noise of horror at her appearance and hid quickly behind her two associates.

Y/N instantly recognized her as the nervous receptionist from downstairs.

"Honestly, Seulgi," scoffed one of the other woman, the woman at the bar which Nayeon called her Jeongyeon, "You've served ghosts without heads. I would've thought that a human would be significantly less terrifying."

Another staff laughed loudly at this, and Y/N cast a glance at their other companion, a short, tanned woman with pink hair.

"This is Jeongyeon, I'm Park Jihyo, the General Manager." she said of herself, before nudging the cowering receptionist forward, "And this is Seulgi. We work closely with Nayeon and thought we should introduce ourselves to the new Human Affairs Manager."

Y/N blinked, looking behind her. "There's no-one here but me," she told them. "You've got the wrong room."

They stared at Y/N for a moment, as if waiting for the punchline of a joke. When none came, Jennie began to laugh nervously. "Ah, but... You were hired as the Human Affairs Manager, weren't you? Miss…"

“Y/N,” she said. It was her turn to be taken aback. "And I was?"

Jeongyeon glanced at Jihyo with an expression of mild alarm, but the other girl was nonplussed. "You know how Nayeon is," Jihyo said. To Y/N, "Can we come in?" She asked.

Y/N looked between them a moment longer, but shrugged and stood aside to let the three girls in.

They entered the office as if it were a place they often frequented, and it became clear to Y/N that they must have been well-acquainted with the room, and by extension, Nayeon.

Even Seulgi, who continued to avoid Y/N, seemed to be more at ease inside.

"Love what you've done with the place" Jihyo said dryly as she examined the wall behind Nayeon's desk, which housed numerous framed photographs of the irritating hotel owner herself.

The pictures looked as if they had been taken over multiple centuries, and in each one, Nayeon was standing before the Hotel del Luna dressed in era-centric garb dating as far back as the black and white age of the 1800's.