Chapter 4

Author's POV

It was 6 O'clock in the evening. Sejal was waiting for Ridhima to comeback from college. She was in the living room, watching drama in her phone. She was so was to immersed in it that she didn't realize the time. When she finally finished an episode she looked up to the clock. It was 6:30..

"Why isn't Ridhima home, yet? She always comes back at 6. Maybe she is with Kabir. But she would atlast inform me before going somewhere. Maybe she is with some college friends. I think I should wait a little more..." she said ..

She tried to call her too. But her number was switched off. She tried numerous times, but all in vain..

After half hour:

It was now 7:30. Ridhima was still not in her apartment. Sejal was getting worried. She was walking back and forth in the living room. Atlast she decided to call Kabir. She pick her phone and dialed Kabir's number. After one or two rings Kabir picked up the call.

On call:

Kabir: Hello, Sejal..

Sejal: Hello, Kabir!! is Ridhima with you?

Kabir: No, why? Isn't she there in the apartment?

Sejal: No she hasn't yet returned from college. I thought she is with you..

Kabir. What? Maybe she is with her college friends.

Sejal: She always infroms me whenever she was with her friends. And I tried to call her too, but it was switched off.

Kabir: I'm coming there, right now...Don't panic.

Sejal: O.K.

With that she cut the call.

After sometime, the door bell rang. She quickly went to open it. And there was Kabir, with worry all over his face.
His one hand was on the wall besides the wall and other on his waist. He was breathing heavily. It was evident that he had ran in the stairs.

"Kab.."

"Why didn't you infrom me till now?"
He asked while coming inside.

"I thought she might be with you or with some friends. But then I called her several times and her phone seems to be switched off."

Kabir noded. He sat on a couch and held his hair in frustration.

"Kabir should we tell the police?"

"No. It has just been a few hours. They won't do anything."

"She was never this careless. Sejal is right  she always infroms us before going anywhere. Where could she be? Wherever you are Ridhima, just be alright." Thought kabir.

"I think we should ourselves try to find her and if something is wro..."
Sejal was cut off by Kabir.

"No, nothing will be wrong. She will be fine." Kabir said looking up at Sejal.

"Kabir, I too hope nothing is wrong. But till we see Ridhima infront of our eyes, all fine, we she try to find her ourselves. Hmm?"

"Yeah, I think you are right?"

With that they went out of the apartment in search of Ridhima. They went to every corner they know Ridhima could be at. But all they got was nothing. They went to her friend's house but what they heard confused them both.

"Ridhima was not even in the college today. She texted me in the morning and said she is coming to college today but later she didn't show up the whole day."
It was now night time, 10am. They came back in the apartment. Both of them were now more worried. And decided that they will inform police tomorrow.