Chapter 9

On the other hand Kabir had never been in his proper scenes since then. Every day, after his shift was over he went to the police station. But always came back with nothing. Sejal frequently came to his apartment to see if he was doing ok. But Kabir always sent her back after only a minute, sometimes only opened the door and just to tell her leave and again closed the door. It had never been easy for both of them.

Sejal and Ridhima has been together since they were mere 4 or 5 in an orphanage. It was another day, Kabir was at home, laying on couch in the living room, when his doorbell rang. He groaned as he knew who it would be. He stood up and went to the door and opened it.

"Sejal, how many times I told you. I'm doing fine. You don't need to come."

"And how many times did I told you. I'm your friend, and I know you are not doing fine." Sejal said.

Kabir was about to shut the door but Sejal put her foot to stop it. And shouted angrily at Kabir,

"listen Kabir, I know it isn't easy for you. But did you ever thought how I might be feeling. How it would be for me to lose my one and only family. To come home only to meet silence. And now you too are ignoring me like a plague. You told me you are doing fine, right? But Kabir I'm not. It has never been fine. And you? You always told me that I'm your sister. But now when I need you the most and even you need someone at your side, you are pushing me always?" her voice was getting lower and lower, and her eyes getting teary.

Hearing her Kabir couldn't hold himself anymore. He pulled her into a tight hug and burst into tears. While she patted his back to calm him down.

They sat on the couch in the living room, having some coffee, which Sejal made.

"The police still didn't get any clue," said Kabir.

"I know. I went to the police just this morning." Sejal said while sipping her coffee.

"I miss her." Kabir's voice cracked.
"Me too. What do you think? Is it possible that she can be kidnapped?" she asked.

"I don't know. And I pray this is not the case. Sometimes when I get this thought, I pray that it is better if she has ran away on her own. And what if it is true?" Tears were not stopping coming from his eyes. His voice came out as whisper, still Sejal was able to hear him.
"Why will she ran away from us on her own? If she wanted to go somewhere, she will tell us?"

"I can't help it. These thought always come into my mind. What if she had eloped with someone, because she was not able to tell me directly? What if someone has kidnapped her? What if they do something bad to her? What if..." he couldn't complete is talk and burst into a cry again. See him Sejal put away both the coffee cups and hugged him.

"Where ever she is, she will be alright. She has to be. And she has not ran away. She loves you and always will." Sejal said, trying to calm him down.

"The moment we will find her, I am getting married to her. And I will keep her safe with me. We will go away from here," he said, and Sejal chuckled at his statement.

_____________

It had been few weeks, since the party incident, and Ridhima was also recovering. Vansh on the other hand was quite confused about something he didn't wanted to admit. He let Ridhima sleep with him on the bed, and after he made sure she is sleeping, he would turn her and make her face him, only to see her peaceful face. And the reason he gave himself, was that he tortures her enough in the office and he should let her rest peacefully at night.

All this time he never forgot to visit Sia, in the hospital. She was also showing some progress and why not Vansh heired the bestest doctors for her.