chapter 28

In the evening.

The doorbell rang and a voice came from inside.

"Coming."

The door opened.

"Is...is Ridhima...home?"

"Who are you?"

She gulped, "I ..i am Lily. Ridhima knows me, can you please...."

"Lily," Sejal whispers to herself, thinking if Ridhima has told her anything about any Lily but she couldn't remember,

"Come inside."

"Sejal do you know where I have put the...." Ridhima stopped in the mid as she saw Lily in the living room.

"Lily?"

Ridhima stared at Lily in disbelief, her expression a mix of surprise and confusion. Lily stood up from the couch, looking nervous and anxious..

"Lily? What are you doing here?"

Ridhima's voice was cautious, her guard clearly up after everything that had transpired.

Lily took a deep breath, trying to steady herself. "Ridhima, I... I came here to apologize to you. I know what I did was completely wrong, and I'm truly sorry for the pain and confusion I caused. My feelings got the best of me, and I manipulated a situation that I had no right to meddle in."

Ridhima crossed her arms, her eyes narrowing as she studied Lily.

"Apologize? Do you have any idea how much chaos your actions caused? My relationship with Vansh was strained even more because of what you did."

Lily's voice cracked as she continued, "I know what I did was wrong, Ridhima. I was blinded by my feelings, and I didn't think about the consequences. I thought... I thought if I revealed the divorce, it might make things easier for Vansh and create a rift between you and your family. I was selfish and foolish, and I deeply regret my actions."

Ridhima's eyes bore into Lily's, searching for sincerity. "And what about Vansh? Did you even think about how it would affect him? Did you think about the pain he went through because of your actions?"

Lily nodded, tears streaming down her face. "I know, Ridhima. I hurt both of you, and I am truly sorry. I never meant for things to turn out this way."

Ridhima's demeanor softened a bit further, her anger beginning to dissipate. She took a deep breath and glanced at Sejal before turning her attention back to Lily. "You have no idea how much chaos your actions caused, Lily. The pain and confusion... It was overwhelming. But I also understand that people make mistakes, and sometimes, they deserve a chance to make things right."

Lily's eyes lit up with a glimmer of hope. "Ridhima, I promise I'll do whatever it takes to make amends. I want to make things right between us, and I want to earn your forgiveness."

Ridhima sighed, her gaze softening further. "Lily, you've hurt me deeply, and I can't simply forget what you've done. But I appreciate your sincerity in wanting to apologize and mend things. If you're genuinely willing to take responsibility for your actions and prove that you've changed, then maybe, just maybe, we can start the process of healing."

Lily nodded vigorously, tears still streaming down her face. "Thank you, Ridhima. Thank you for giving me a chance. I promise I'll do everything I can to make things right."

Ridhima sighed again, her expression a mix of weariness and cautious hope.

"We'll see, Lily. Just remember, earning back trust takes time and consistent effort."