Chapter-21

The phone started ringing, the person picked it up and smiled on seeing the caller.

>Hey Aryan.

                      Hi Lily, I might have a good news for you.<

He smirked on the other line.

>Really? Like what.

****

After a week.

Sia who was just coming downstairs to the lobby, heard a knock on the main door. As soon as she opened the door she was engulfed in a tight hug.

"Lily..how..you...here.."

"I missed you too." She pulled away from the hug. "No hi, hello, no greetings?"

Sia laughed, "I am sorry, Lily. I was just a little surprised to see you here in the morning. Come in."

They came in the lobby and a maid brought her luggage inside.

"Lily? Beta how are you?" Chanchal asked coming from the kitchen.

"Hello, aunty." Lily hugged her too. "I am good. How are you? And I am really mad at all of you. You didn't invite me to the engagement? Huh?"

"We are really sorry for that beta. It was just a little rushed to we couldn't invite many."

"Since when did you start counting me in many? Now I just came by myself so you won't forget me."

"No you did well. Actually I was talking to Vansh about you yesterday. To invite you, now we don't have to worry about that."

"Speaking of him, where is he?" She asked looking around.

"Where else would he be at this time. At office of course." Sia said.

"Oh, can I go there and surprise him?"

"But you just came here. You will be tried. Just rest for some time."

"No aunty. Please. Please."

"Let her go chachi. Or else she won't let you rest from her talks."

"OK, but can you drop her on the way to college also?"

"Yeah, sure. Come Sia."

"One second let me bring my bag."

Lily dropped Sia at her college. They talked a lot in the car.
Lily entered the company building and straight went to Vansh's office.

Vansh was just working on his laptop. When the door opened in a thud making him flinch.

"Surprise."

"Oh Lily you scared me.... LILY YOU?"

"Aren't you happy seeing me?" she glared at him crossing her arms on her chest.

"yes.. I mean... no..uh," he nervously laughed "How come you here?" He stood up and walked towards her.

She shook her head and rolled her eyes, "First you didn't invite me than if I show up this is what you say? HUH? This is how you greet your friends."

"You are still the sulky little girl. Come have a seat. You want anything? Chai? Coffee? Any drink?" They both walked to the couch and settled themselves next to each other.

"Yeah. Vodka."

"What?"

"Just kidding. You have becoming a grumpy uncle who can't take a joke. Just some soft drink will be fine."

Vansh picked the intercom and ordered for some soft drinks.

"So... how is life?" She asked.

"It is good. You tell me, how are you doing and how is Uncle? He didn't come?"

"Yeah he had some work. You tell me how is marriage going? Any good news coming soon?" she wiggle her eye brows.

"Yaah..." Vansh laughed nervously.

They talked with each other for long time until it was time to leave. Ridhima and Ishani were waiting for Vansh in the park spot near their car. They were both leaning on the car.

"It is so tiring here. I just want to sleep now." Ridhima said.

"Hmm. I am sleepy too." Ishani leaned her head on Ridhima's shoulder. "When will the weekend come?" She whined.

"Sunday was just yesterday, Ishani. And when will this Vansh come? I am tired."

"Wha... Lily?" Ishani straighten her head to see clearly who were coming towards them. Hearing her Ridhima also looked at the direction.

What is doing here? And why is walking so close to him? Why isn't he maintaining distance at least?

"Hey Ishani." Lily greeted her and hugged her. "how are you?"
"I am fine, Lily. I am really happy you are here, now you will also help in preparations." They pulled out.

"Hey Ridhima, how are you?" She hugged Ridhima.

"I am good." She answered shortly.

BEEP BEEP

They all flinched when Vansh beeped the horn.

"Come in, Ladies. We don't have whole day." Vansh said as the window rolled down.

***

It was night time, everyone had done their dinner. And where in their rooms. Lily was also staying in one of the guest rooms.

Ridhima came in the kitchen, and started to fill water in a glass.

"Can't sleep." She heard from behind. She turned and saw Lily. She smiled at her.

"Just wanted some water. You want too?" Ridhima offered.

"No just came to make coffee. I have to work from here too." She smiled, "can you show me the coffee and milk... will be in the fridge right?"

"Yeah... wait I will make?" she thought it won't be good to let her make on her own as she has just come her. And started to make coffee after drinking water first.

"So....Ridhima... how did you two meet?" Lily started to cover the silence.

"Umm.... In a college function." She again answered shortly.

"Was it love at first sight?" Ridhima just nodded. "Wow... I couldn't believe first. You know a billionaire, who doesn't have a second for love just falls for a middle class college." She chuckled at last.

Ridhima just focused on the coffee ignoring her sentence, which had affected her.

"You don't have to worry about anything now. I mean it must have been difficult living without your parents...."

"Your coffee is ready." She said handing her thecoffee mug.

"Good night."

Ridhima came in her room and saw Vansh was laying on the bed on his back, scrolling through his phone. They again started sleeping on the same bed after the accident. She also came and laid down back facing him.

"Va..Vansh. You applied for our divorce?" she asked in a low voice.

Vansh look at her side but could only see her back, "How did you...?"

"Why didn't you at least tell me?" still not looking at him.

"I..I thought you will be happy after knowing."

"I am happy. I am really happy. Just was taken by a little surprise." She said in a voice which was in total contradict to what she said.

"Oh is that so?"

"Yeah. Thanks. Good night."
Vansh smiled. He smiled and shifted towards herand engulfed in his arms. "Good night." After some time they drifted into theirdream land keeping all their worries to the real world.