chapter 27

"What happened?" Sejal sat near her.

Ridhima couldn't hold her outburst, "I...I..I love him. I love Vansh."

Saying this started crying and sobbing. And Sejal just let her, knowing she needs to calm herself. She caressed her back, her head.

After some time when she was not crying anymore Sejal asked, "Something happened today, didn't?"

Ridhima just nodded, resting her head on Sejal's shoulder.

"I saw him. And I felt something I have never felt before. I wanted to hug him, kiss him. And tell him how much I miss him. Then I saw Lily. I heard their conversation. An...and I realized my feeling towards him. And now I don't know what to do. How to face him." She started to cry again.

"No ....no .....don't cry now. Seriously, I can't believe you. You know what, just call him and confess your love. Don't wait for anything." She takes her phone and hands it to her.

"But what if he..."

"We will after that what will happen. So what if he doesn't accepts you, you will get a clarity, rather than just living in dilemma."

Ridhima was just thinking about it when the doorbell rang. Sejal went to see it.

"Ridhima come here. It is uh... I guess a parcel for you."

Ridhima sighed and went to the door.

"You are Ridhima?"

Ridhima nodded.

"Then this is for you." the delivery man handled her an envelope. "Please sign here."

Ridhima sign on his notepad and he left.
"What is it?" Sejal asked.

"I don't know." Ridhima teared the side and opened the paper inside. It was a letter. An official letter. She roamed her eyes on the writing.

"This....this.. is a di...divorce notice.?"

She looked at Sejal like she would cry again at any second.

Sejal took the paper and read it. "We hope this letter finds you well. We am writing to form.... your presence at the upcoming divorce proceedings.

The details are as follows:

Date: 13 of August 2023. ( two days from now)

Time: 11:00

Location: [Venue/Address of Court]"

"What do I do now?"

***

Vansh held the envelope in his hand and went to his room. He sat on the bed and opened it. He knew what was coming. He just read the paper and kept looking at it. He didn't realize that he was crying at this point now. Two days from now... after that they will have no legal bond between them. And this thought was eating him alive. Vansh sat alone in his room, staring at the divorce notice as if it held all the answers to his inner turmoil.

His tears fell silently, his heart heavy with regret and longing. He replayed moments from his time with Ridhima, their journey together, and the love they once shared. The reality of losing that love felt like a deep wound, one that seemed impossible to heal.

He thought about reaching out to Ridhima, but his own fears and insecurities held him back. What if she had truly moved on? What if she didn't want to see him or talk to him? The thought of facing her, of confronting the pain he had caused, was paralyzing.

Ridhima wiped her tears, her mind racing with a whirlwind of thoughts. She felt a mix of confusion, hurt, and uncertainty. She turned to Sejal, seeking guidance. "I... I can't believe this is happening. What should I do, Sejal?"