chapter 31

After few days:

The wedding festivities had been a whirlwind of colors, laughter, and traditions, and Vansh's excitement grew with each passing moment. Yet, there was one thing that had eluded him throughout the haldi and mehndi ceremonies: a glimpse of his beloved Ridhima.

During the haldi ceremony, Vansh had been surrounded by his boisterous friends, who took every opportunity to tease him about the bride he was about to marry. They playfully smeared turmeric paste on him, adding a mischievous touch to the age-old ritual.

Vansh joined in the merriment, but his eyes constantly scanned the crowd for a sign of Ridhima.

After some time, Ridhima was in another part of the mansion, undergoing her own haldi ritual with Vansh's family and her friend Sejal. She had invited Kabir too, she didn't want to have any beef with any one before starting her new life. But Kabir didn't come, who could watch their past lover getting married.

Despite his efforts to catch a glimpse of her, Vansh remained in the dark, hidden away from the mehndi tent where Ridhima was surrounded by her close friends and family. He could hear the soft melodies of traditional songs and the joyful laughter of the women, but it only served to intensify his desire to see her.

The mehndi ceremony had been equally enchanting and vibrant. The intricate mehndi designs on Ridhima's hands and feet were said to be a reflection of the deep love they shared. Vansh couldn't help but wonder about the patterns that adorned her skin, patterns that held the promise of their future together.

Yet, once again, Ridhima had remained out of his sight, surrounded by her giggling bridesmaids and relatives, as he endured the teasing of his own friends.
Today was the wedding now. Ridhima was in the bride's room getting ready.

But the whole room was messed up wrappers of the dresses and accessories were all over and even junk food wrappers. Sejal and Sia were helping her or confusing her, Ishani was just sitting on a couch munching her potato chips, in these three four days she didn't gave her mouth some rest.

"Arre, not like this. This looks so different from the picture I showed you." Sia told makeup artist, who sighed for the nth time.

"Ma'am I have applied foundation, we'll come to that part too." She answered.

Ishani laughed, "You are too impatient Sia. You are acting like this now how you will act on your own wedding?"

"Didi Shadi aur results kisi aur ke ho toh hi maza ata hai."

"Acha is that so? By the way your semester results should be out till now? Right?"

Sia looked her her. Ishani could read her eyes which were saying 'tere ko to bad main delk lo gi' and she just smirked.

"Anyways, Sejal tell me more about yourself." She smiled at her, trying to get away with Ishani.

"umm... What do you wanna know more?" Sejal replied. These days the two along really got along really well, a little too much.

They started to talk to each other leaving Ridhima alone with the artist which both of them could not thank more, their work got easier.

After some more talks they hear, "And .....it is done. How do you like it, ma'am?" Artist said to Ridhima smiling.
"What is finished?" both of them asked the same time.

"Yes, and it is looking good." Ridhima smiled.

Sia started to scan her face, "But I think her eyeliners needed....."

"Ok...Ok Sia. I like it. It is just like the picture. And we don't have much time, you guys have to get ready too. Right?"

"Oh Yeah. I am just coming in a minute after changing." With that she ran from the room.