chapter 24

"Congrats Lily," Aryan said.

"It is all thanks to you Aryan." Lily replied watching all the drama from the upper lobby. "I guess I am close get what is mine. I hope you will get what is yours too."

"I will, don't worry."

**

A girl was laying on a bed, her face was not visible as it faced the pillow, and her arms also covered it making it hard to see her face. But it was obvious how badly she was crying her hiccups and sobs were the only thing heard. Suddenly a door opened and another girl came in she sat on the edge of the bed, and started to caress her back softly. Worry was clearly visible from her face. She sighed.

"Crying is of no use, Ridhima. You wanted this to happen, didn't you?" She asked.

Ridhima just shook her head, "N..not like thi..this."

"I understand, but it doesn't matter now. You wanted to leave from there, and here you are crying."

And this made Ridhima cry even more.

"Ridhu, look at me," she tried to make Ridhima face her but failed, she sighed, "Ok listen, your cries are not going to get things right. It is not going to help. And if you didn't want to leave, then why did you leave. You are crying from yesterday. Your eyes will be swollen."

"I...I don't kn...know, Se..sejal. I wa..wanted bu..but now I don't kn..know why.. I am crying."
Sejal chuckled at her remark, "You are dumb is relations, Ridhima. Now get up. Please. This is not good for you, you are even stressing me out. I can't see you like this. Please. At least eat something. Or at least drink something." No response, Sejal took a deep breath, "if this didn't have happened then also something like this would have happened and you were going to leave this way or that. They would have known about your marriage anyways Ridhima. And no one is even blaming you. You weren't at fault."

After some minutes she felt her calming down she still didn't stop caressing her. "Ridhima?"

No response.

"Ridhima?"

No response.

She felt asleep. Sejal softly patted her hair. And fixed the bed sheet on her and left the room. She just left Ridhima's room when the doorbell rang. She went to the door and opened it. Seeing the person in front of her, she sighed.

"Now what do you want?"

"Sejal, please let me talk to her. Please."

"She is sleeping." She was about to close the door, when the person blocked it with their foot.

"Please, and why is sleeping at this time? Is she OK?"

"Really Kabir? You asking is she OK?" She scoffed rolling her eyes.

"Look Sejal, I am really sorry. Really. I wasn't thinking straight. I jus...."

"Why the hell are you tell me this? Tell this to Ridhima when she will wake up. For now you can leave." She just pushed the door along with Kabir, who didn't even protest now, because he knew he deserves it. He put his hand on the door wanting to knock again, but he was not able to, his eyes got teary. He took deep breaths and blinked his eyes, not wanting the tears to escape his eyes.

***

On the other side, Vansh was in office. He was sitting on his seat, back rested just looking at the ceiling, tears flowing nonstop and he didn't even care to whip them. Office hours were complete and no one was in the office, it was mostly empty except some person but his floor was empty.

Sleeves were folded, no tie on the neck, just some undone buttons, his hair was also undone, just ruffled. And he wasn't even bothered, he had locked the door from yesterday.