Chapter Twelve

Song of the Chapter: City by Hollywood Undead

Skyla was pissed at John, and she wouldn't even look at him when they had come to the hotel Skyla was stationed at. She ignored all of them actually, and they could tell that something was wrong. She was in a mood and they could see it the moment they entered her hotel room. It was technically a shared hotel room, but she did not plan to share with the three of them. If she shared the room with anyone, it would be Sam, because he didn't blatantly ignore his father's rude words about her like Dean had.

Over the next day or two that they dealt with the vampires, Skyla stayed out of it like she was told. She didn't see why she should even argue, when John seemingly really hated her. Honestly, she wouldn't have cared if he had been killed by the vampires. She was mad at his idea of using dead man's blood on a vampire girl to draw out the leader. She put herself in the girl's place, and she had hoped that Dean would try to save her, but since neither were human, the Winchesters really didn't care or put themselves in their places.

Skyla had wished that John didn't have such barbaric ways of doing things. Dean was learning to be the same way, which bothered Skyla. They had the frame of mind of "shoot first, as questions later," but Skyla felt like that frame of mind was wrong. She didn't believe it was a good idea to be that way, when bad things could happen. For example, when Dean and Sam were grabbed by the people that they didn't know were actual people, things went bad fast.

Skyla just so happened to help them, after she had tracked Dean and the cop. She had saved their asses, but she felt like this was one of the cases where Dean should've thought about more than just monsters and such that John had taught him. The kidnappers were people, meaning they were a little harder to kill. It shouldn't have been easy to kill living, breathing people, but it seemed to be way too easy for Dean because of John's teachings. This seriously bothered Skyla, and it added to one of the many things she hated about John Winchester.

She tried putting herself in John's shoes, but she just couldn't see herself being like him. If she had kids, and her husband was killed by a demon when they were young, she wouldn't have turned off her emotions towards her children. She wouldn't have treated them as though she was a drill Sargent. She would've taught them to hunt and protect themselves, but she wouldn't have blamed them for all the failures. She wouldn't have left them for long periods of time, pretending as though they didn't matter compared to all the monsters. She really just couldn't see herself being like John, if this type of situation had happened to her.

The simple thought of John Winchester made her angry. She wanted to show him the pain he had brought on for her. It was ridiculous and irritating, and she hated herself for biting her tongue so much. She didn't want to hurt Sam and Dean by freaking out on their father. She wouldn't physically harm him, since she didn't want to go that crazy, but she wanted to say a few really rude and mean things to him. She wanted him to know exactly what she thought about him. Simply by the way he acted, Skyla knew he didn't have many friends, and he didn't work well with others.

A couple of times, Skyla contemplated calling different people from John's journal, to see what they thought about him. She wanted to do this, but she didn't do it. If Dean would've caught her, he would've scolded her, and possibly would've told John. She didn't want to even deal with that, so she kept herself from even touching the journal. She knew that the moment she touched the journal, she would've done what her brain was telling her to do.

When John went missing only a couple of days later, Skyla almost laughed at the irony. The problem was, Dean and Sam wouldn't give up trying to find him. She didn't help them with getting the demon Meg, nor did she help them when they got the demon locked up in Bobby's house. Bobby Singer was a friend of the Winchester family, but Skyla knew that Bobby wasn't a big fan of John. She didn't blame him, but she was happy that she wasn't the only one that seemed to have a problem with John Winchester.

The boys pretty much tortured Meg to get the details of where their father was being held. When the demon left the woman's body, the woman slowly laid dying. Dean still shouted at her for answers of where John was, and how he could find him, and if the man was alive. Skyla knew the man was alive, solely because she knew John would simply live out of spite. She felt like that was one of the main reasons he was still alive.

Skyla did follow the boys to find John, but that was only because she wanted to make sure they didn't die. She didn't care for John, but she wouldn't watch Sam and Dean die for the horrid man. He deserved to be tortured a little, but his boys did not. If Skyla would've known what would happen once they rescued John, she wouldn't have let the boys go. She would've made them stay at Bobby's, and let John figure things out himself.

She didn't know that bad things were going to happen. She didn't know that she and the boys would have their lives put on the line because of John. She didn't know that one of her worst fears were going to be thrown in her face once again, but this time she'd truly feel like it was coming true...