Chapter Twenty Seven

Song of the Chapter: When I'm Gone by Eminem

"Dean?" Skyla questioned, her voice light, almost as if she was scared that she was just imagining him standing there.

"Hey, Sky." He answered, causing Skyla's eyes to fill with tears.

Skyla almost raced down the stairs, as she tried to get down Dean without falling. The moment Skyla was down the stairs, her arms were wrapped around Dean. Dean held her close to his chest, loving the feeling of her in his arms after everything that happened to him. Holding her almost made him forget that he had gone to hell and been tortured.

"How have you been, sweetheart?" Dean asked, as he held her face in his hands.

"I've missed you every damn day since I watched you die.' She replied, making him frown.

"I'm sorry," He looked away from her eyes,"I--" He stopped when he seen the round belly she was supporting.

His hands slowly traveled down to her round belly, and when he felt her belly, his heart skipped a beat. As his hands laid on her belly, he felt movement, almost like a small flutter under his hands.

"You're pregnant?" He asked, and she smiled.

"I found out a few weeks after you died, maybe two weeks after." She replied, as she placed her hands on top of his that were on her belly.

"What are we having?" He asked, his voice cracking as he looked up at Skyla.

"I decided to keep it a secret," She answered,"but I have a feeling that it's a girl."

"I'm so happy." He chuckled, and Skyla smiled at him.

After a few more minutes of Dean talking to Skyla about the baby, he decided he needed to get a shower. He wanted to talk to Skyla some more, but he knew he smelt like death at least a little bit, and he didn't want her having to deal with the smell. Skyla didn't seem to care, but he figured the smell wasn't good for her or for the baby.

During the entire shower, Dean couldn't take the smile off his face. He was having a baby with his wife, and he had managed to not miss it. Something had pulled him from the pit, and he was now able to be around for his baby. If he had been pulled out of the pit a few months later, and wasn't able to be there for the birth of his child, he would definitely feel horrible about it, but now that was something he didn't have to worry about.

"I'm surprised you didn't box up my clothes." Dean commented, as he got dressed in their room.

"I tried," She sighed,"but I couldn't physically make myself do it. Every time I tried, I would cry for hours, and I just gave up after the second time." She admitted, making the man frown.

"I'm sorry, Sky. I wish none of this would've hit you so hard." Dean replied, and she shrugged.

"Dean, the only way this wouldn't have hurt, is if I had never loved you in the first place. If you would've just left me after we escaped the fire at Stanford." Skyla said, causing Dean to simply nod.

Dean would've never left Skyla behind after they left Stanford. Truth be told, Dean had used that as his chance to finally get her back. He had never gotten over her. He had always loved her, even when he tried to hide it, and having her back with him was something that he would never take for granted.

"Have you got everything you need for the baby?" Dean asked, as he ran his hand slowly over the rail of the crib.

"I need to buy a carseat, but I wasn't going to do that until after I had gotten enough money to get a better car." Skyla replied, shrugging slightly.

"You got all these clothes, and you don't know what the baby is?" Dean questioned, shaking his head with a laugh.

"You never know when the baby will be born, and I had to have clothes just incase I go into labor early," She answered,"Besides, I don't really care about the gender specific clothes. If I have a girl, she can wear blue, if I have a boy, he can wear pink. I don't plan to have princesses and butterflies, but plain pink isn't hurting anyone."

"I love how strong-willed you are." Dean commented, causing a smile to appear on her face.

Dean sat down on the bed next to Skyla, enjoying the few minutes he had with her without any issues ruining their mood. The moment didn't last long though, since Dean realized he hadn't heard from Sam, and hadn't seen him since he had entered Bobby's house.

"Where's Sam?" Dean asked, causing the girl to sigh.

"I don't know," She replied,"He disappeared almost as soon as you died. I haven't heard from him since. I tried calling him, but he's changed his number."

"He hasn't tried to talk to you at all?" Dean questioned, and the girl shook her head.

"No, and he didn't even call me back when I left the voice-mail that I was pregnant. I had found out almost two weeks before he changed his number, and I tried to call him, but nothing came of it." She answered, causing Dean to frown.

"He was supposed to stay with you," Dean said,"He was supposed to be there for you. After you told him about the baby, even if it was on a voice-mail, he should've come back, or let you use Baby when you needed to."

"Don't worry about it, Dean. I'm over it." She replied, but Dean was angry.

He was pissed at his brother. Sam was supposed to be there for Skyla, especially since she was pregnant, but Sam left her. She was Dean's wife, and Sam treated her like she was a stranger. Dean was going to give Sam a piece of his mind the moment he found him...