Chapter Two

Song of the Chapter: Hollywood's Bleeding by Post Malone

*Dream*

"Dean, go get your daughter. She's driving Zepp crazy." Skyla said, as he watched his son latch on to her leg.

"Fine. I'll go get my baby." Dean replied, walking upstairs towards his two year old daughter's room.

Opening the door, he seen his little girl dancing away at whatever little kid's show was on the tv. He smiled softly, watching as she grabbed a plush doll and started dancing and singing with it. Though she knew none of the words, and they all came out as pure gibberish, Dean was still proud of his daughter. He knew that she would be a real performer when she grew up. She had already loved all of the music her father and mother played for her every day. Matter of fact, her favorite song was Sweet Child O' Mine by Guns n Roses, a song her mother sang to her every night before bed.

"Chicago!" Dean called, and then the scene changed.

Dean could hear Don't Cry by Guns n Roses playing in the background, seeing as Skyla always listened to Guns n Roses. In front of him stood Skyla. She had her arms crossed, and had their two children behind her. They held on to her legs and cowered, as if they were scared of their own father, as if he were a monster of some sort.

"Sky-" Dean began, before Skyla cut him off.

"No, don't 'Sky' me, Dean Winchester. You've ruined my life. You will never ever get to see these kids again. You tore out our hearts, Dean. You ruined every good thing you ever had coming for you, all because your father told you to leave." Skyla said, and Dean frowned.

"Skyla, you know how Dad is. If I wouldn't have listened, there would've been major consequences." Dean defended, though he knew he had lost the argument.

"If you really loved us, you would've stayed. Apparently forever isn't long at all." She commented, picking up the two children.

"Skyla-" Dean started, but Skyla just shook her head.

"I hate you, Dean Winchester. I will never forgive you." She spat, before slamming the door behind her.

*End of Dream*

Shooting up in bed, Dean woke in cold sweats and deep, panting breath. The dreams would change most of the time, but every nightmare ended with Skyla leaving and never coming back. Her words in the dream practically ate at him more than her words she had spoke in real life.

"Good, you're awake. I'm leaving for a hunt." John stated, as he packed a bag.

"Leaving for a hunt? I thought you wanted us to stay together?" Dean questioned, causing John to turn towards his son.

"I did, but I found a lead on the demon that killed your mother. I need to do this alone, Dean. I will be back in a couple of days." He replied, and Dean sighed.

"Fine, go gank the son of a bitch that killed Mom." He said, and John nodded.

"I won't be too long." He commented, before picking up his bag and walking out.

Dean watched him leave the hotel room, before he let out a deep sigh. John leaving didn't bother him much, but it did piss him off just a little. John made him leave Skyla so they could hunt together without any distractions, but then John just left for a hunt without him. How is that any different from before? Dean wondered, but shrugged off the question. He didn't care that John was leaving him. It actually gave Dean more time to think without having someone breathing down his neck the whole time.

Dean figured his father meant well, but he just didn't know how to act on anything other than hunting. John was never great with emotions and feelings, especially not after Mary was killed. John had practically turned off all of his emotions, leaving a hollow shell of his former self for his children to interact with and learn from.

Turning on the radio, Dean felt a lump rise in his throat. He felt the need to cry when the song started playing; Patience by Guns n Roses. Truth be told, Skyla loved Guns n Roses. They were her favorite band, along side ACDC, Motley Crue, Skid Row, and even Bon Jovi, but only on occasion. Guns n Roses though, they were her most favorite band in the world. She knew every word to every one of their songs. Listening to them, he could practically hear her singing along to the radio as they laid in bed together.

By the middle of the song, Dean was shedding tears. He became angry at himself once more, causing him to grab the radio and throw it across the room. He couldn't listen to the song, not when it reminded him so much of Skyla. He needed to get over her. He knew he'd never fully get over her, seeing as he had been with her for so long, but he needed to be able to sleep again without dreaming of her. He hadn't even slept with many pointless girls since their breakup, though John had suggested him to do so from the very beginning, in hopes that it would make Dean forget about Skyla sooner.

The girls meant nothing; as they always would. Sleeping with them made Dean feel as if he was betraying Skyla. He couldn't do it, no matter how hard he tried. He needed a break from his life, his feelings, but they weren't going anywhere. He still acted erratically when something didn't go his way or his mind was running too fast for him to make sense of everything, but he knew that once he had gotten his emotions under control he'd finally be happy. Well, as happy as he could be as a hunter. He'd never truly be happy, but in the end, who really is ever completely happy with their lives?