Chapter Seventeen

Song of the Chapter: Voices by Motionless in White

Bobby had been trying to prove to Dean and Skyla that they could trust Sam, but Sam was giving him a run for his money. Sam was doing things that made it hard to prove there was any reason to trust him. Bobby really tried to make the boys finally get back to being how they were before, but it wasn't always easy to talk to them.

Recently, Sam had been a bit more snippy and hot-headed. He easily went off, and Skyla tried to stay out of it. She didn't want to be a victim of his verbal beatings he randomly gave people. Bobby and Dean were the main people to get snapped on, but Sam had snapped on Skyla a couple times, and Dean did not like that. The moment Sam snapped on Skyla, Dean would snap on Sam.

Sam, Dean, and Skyla had been working together on trying to help kids like Sam with their "powers." Skyla didn't really like calling them "powers," but that was what everyone seemed to refer to it as. Honestly, if she was them, she would've referred to them as Curses. Getting "powers" from demon blood seemed to be something that just didn't make sense, at least, not to be seen as a good thing.

When Dean was by himself, one of the guys with "powers" that they had been trying to help had actually used his powers to take Dean's car. Skyla had actually laughed at Dean for it, and he didn't find it as funny as she did. To be honest, it would've possibly been funnier if Dean would've had food in the car as well. He possibly would've cried for losing his car and a bacon cheeseburger and some pie.

Long story short, Dean got his car back, but that wasn't the end of the case. Skyla had stepped out when she seen how well the mind control seemed to work. She didn't want to get mind controlled into being a stripper or something, and Dean would've killed someone for that. He wasn't even sure about not killing them, considering they had "powers" given to them by demon blood.

The only reason he didn't kill anyone was because Sam used the excuse of him having the same problem. Things just weren't easy recently when it came to Sam, but Skyla and Dean tried to be as rational as possible. Bobby became the voice of reason for most of it, since he didn't have John's voice in the back of his telling him that Sam may be a threat.

Dean had been told that Sam could be a real danger, and he may have to handle him. It wasn't going to be something Dean would ever want to do, but there was always a chance, and that terrified him. He would quite possibly never be able to do it, but he wouldn't put that job on anyone, because if they hurt Sam, he'd hurt them.

"Sam's feeling cornered by the two of you. He thinks you're seeing him as an enemy." Bobby commented, when Sam was out one night.

"We haven't once threatened him." Skyla retorted, and Bobby nodded.

"I know that, but he's still feeling like you're against him because of the way you reacted about the others like him." Bobby replied, causing Skyla to sigh.

"The others aren't like him. They've hurt people, and some of them are using their abilities for the wrong reasons." Dean said, and Skyla could tell that he was getting agitated.

"Maybe he just needs a couple days to relax and maybe make him feel like he use to years ago." Skyla commented, and Bobby seemed to nod in agreement.

"You two could go pick up some beer, I'll order a few pizzas. I think we could calm his nerves a little bit." Bobby added, causing Dean to simply nod.

"We'll cover it in a few days." Skyla answered, knowing that Dean wouldn't want to do it in the next couple of days, since he was agitated with Sam.

Sam had been good at agitating Dean recently. Skyla understood a little bit, but at some point she thought that Sam would finally realize that Dean and herself only wanted what was best for him. They didn't want to put him in a cage or anything like he seemed to think they wanted to do, but they wanted to keep an eye on him. At any moment he could get himself into a sticky situation with one the people with "powers," and real issues could insue after.

"I think maybe we should bring Sam out to a bar or something soon." Skyla commented, as she and Dean went to the room they were sharing.

"Sam's boring," Dean replied,"he won't drink more than two beers."

"I don't drink more than two beers." She retorted, and he smirked.

"Yeah, but you love ordering as many shots as they'll give you, or when you're wanting to take your time getting drunk, you'll order all those fruity drinks." Dean said, making her smirk as well.

"You know me so well." She commented, and he smiled.

"You're my girl, I gotta know everything about you." He answered, making her chuckle.

Skyla laid down against Dean's side, and Dean wrapped his arms around her. Dean loved having her close. He missed having her around, and once he was finally able to hold her again, he swore he'd never let her go. She was his best friend, and he'd never let anyone or anything get in the way of their relationship again.

Dean held her as she slowly fell asleep in his arms. He watched her sleep for a bit, admiring her natural beauty. She was the most beautiful girl in the world, in his opinion, and he'd never change his opinion on that. He loved her with every fiber of his being, and he knew he'd never stop loving her, even if he died...