Chapter Fourteen

Song of the Chapter: Let You Down by NF

Skyla's scans had come back, and she had gotten lucky, her brain bleed was going away on its own. It was small when she first arrived, so it was almost nonexistent at this point. Her concussion though was still causing her headaches, but the doctor told her it most likely would for a couple more days.

"Will you tell me where Dean is now?" Skyla asked Sam, causing the male to sigh.

"He's on a ventilator, Sky, and the doctors are saying it doesn't look good for him. Dad and I aren't going to let him die. We're going to find a way to save him." Sam said, and tears swelled in Skyla's eyes.

"Can you bring me to see him?" She asked, making Sam frown.

Sam walked out of the hospital room, and moments later he came back with a wheelchair. A nurse had followed him, and she helped him get Skyla into a wheelchair. She had to stay hooked up to her IV, even if it was a bit uncomfortable. Sam brought Skyla to Dean's room, and a quiet sob left her lips when she seen the state Dean was in. She was brought over to the side of his bed, and instantly she grabbed his hand in hers.

"God, Dean," She murmured,"Why do you keep doing this to me? Why do you keep trying to die on me?" She rhetorically asked,"I can't lose you, Dean. I-I just can't. You mean so much to me, and if you died, I don't know what I would do. I don't know if I'll even be able to keep on living. Life would never be the same without you, Dean Winchester, so you better not die." She said, bringing his hand up to her mouth to leave a kiss on it.

Sam brought Skyla back to her room, and he and the nurse got her back into her bed. A headache was coming back, and her body was starting to feel sore. She needed to sit back for a bit, otherwise she'd overwork herself, and she'd end up passing out. She didn't feel like having another episode like she had before that brought in a doctor and nurses to check on her.

"Do you mind if I come in and talk to you?" John asked, and Sam left the room as soon as Skyla had agreed.

"Is there something you need?" She asked, and John could tell that she was getting back her regular feelings about him.

"I want to talk to you about how I treated you, and what I really think about you," He said, causing her to nod warily,"I never hated you, Skyla, it was the opposite if anything. You remind me of Mary when we first met. She was such a nice girl, and she was really strong. You're a strong girl, and I know that you know how to hunt well. I said you didn't, but that was just to get into Dean's head. The truth is, I didn't want Dean to feel the same pain I did when I lost Mary. I know Dean hides his emotions a lot, but if he lost you like I lost Mary, he'd never be able to get over it. He'd never recover, and I didn't want to see that happen. It had nothing to do with the person you were, or how good of a hunter you were. I just didn't want to see my son hurt, and so many people that were close to us died because of this life, and I didn't want him to feel that pain."

"I don't even know what to say to that." She commented, and he sighed.

"I realize now that you and Dean are going to be together, even if it's not always a good thing. You two are good for each other. You keep his head on straight, and after I get him back, he'll need you to help him get through this." John replied, making Skyla frown.

"What do you mean by that?" She asked, but he didn't give her an answer.

"Don't give up on him," John commented, as he headed towards the door,"You're a good girl, and these boys will always need you."

Skyla was worried, but she didn't know what to do. She slowly forced herself up out of her hospital bed. Pain shot through her body, but she had to get up. She had to find Sam and get him to chase his father, since she knew she definitely couldn't. She could barely walk and get up without a lot of pain, chasing someone was definitely going to be out of the equation.

"Sam! Sam!" Skyla called, her voice strained from pain.

"What the hell are you doing, Sky?" Sam questioned, as he quickly ran to her side.

"You dad, he--" She began, but Sam cut her off.

"It doesn't matter right now," Sam dismissed,"what matters, is that you need to sit down. If you keep moving around, you're going to hurt yourself more than you already did." He said, making her sigh.

"Sam, seriously!" She exclaimed, but he didn't listen to her.

"Sit down," He instructed, as he got her to a seat in Dean's room,"if you don't, I'm going to get a doctor. You better be glad I didn't run and get one the moment I seen you headed this way. Look, you even ripped out your iv." He said, as he pointed to her bleeding arm.

Before anything could really happen though, Dean's machines started freaking out. Nobody knew what wad going on, but then barely a moment later, Dean opened his eyes, and he was alive. Skyla didn't even know how to feel, she was so in shock, she barely realized that John had come into the room. He looked at her with a scolding look, knowing she had dragged herself down there when she wasn't supposed to. It was like having a third kid, though they were all grown.

"What did you do?" Skyla questioned, but she was ignored.

"Sam, would you mind getting me a coffee?" John asked, and Sam agreed without any real question.

Skyla stayed quiet, as she watched Dean and John talk. She watched as John whispered something in Dean's ear, that caused her to narrow her eyebrows. John stood back up and turned to Skyla, giving her one last apology with a smile, before he dropped to the ground, and the doctors were unable to revive him...