Chapter Thirty One

Song of the Chapter: King For A Day by Pierce the Veil ft. Kellin Quinn

A couple of weeks after Dean's ghost sickness, Skyla stopped going out on hunts. She knew she was too pregnant to be able to go on hunts properly. She could become a real liability, and she didn't want to put herself or anyone else in danger because she wasn't fast or strong enough to do things when she needed to.

Dean and Sam went on quite a few hunts, but they were always as close as possible, just incase Skyla ever needed anything. Bobby was home with her a good bit of the time, but he also had his own hunts to go on when the boys were busy. Sometimes he couldn't just write them off, even if they didn't seem to be as serious as some others would try and make him believe.

This week though, Sam, Dean, and Bobby were all out on hunts. Skyla helped them by doing research when they needed it. They would call her, and she would go through Bobby's wide array of books to find what they needed. If she couldn't find something in the books, she'd use her laptop to try and find the answers they were looking for. It helped keep her mind off of things, such as worrying that they were going to be hurt or killed on a hunt.

While she was making dinner for herself, she heard the phone ring. She picked it up, and almost immediately she knew that it was Dean. He was working with Sam on a case that was kind of out of the ordinary, but it wasn't something they couldn't handle. The boys knew how to handle a lot of things, so she knew they could handle this case.

"Sam's searching for cases of accidental deaths around the area, but we haven't found anything yet." Dean told her, and Skyla got into her "detective" mode.

She grabbed her laptop and laid it on Bobby's desk, and she started to search everything she could for answers to the boys' questions. She also grabbed a couple of books off the shelves, incase the boys weren't dealing with an accidental death. There was always a chance that the accidental death idea was a way for whatever they were hunting to covet up what they were doing.

"I'll see what I can find, and I'll call you back." She replied, and that was pretty much the end of the call.

Skyla decided to finish making her dinner, before she started looking up things that she thought would help. It didn't take her long to eat her dinner, since she had made herself two small pieces of grilled chicken, since she wasn't really that hungry. Most of the time she felt like she was starving, but there were times when she wasn't really hungry, but she knew she had to eat for the baby.

Anyhow, as she was doing research, she heard a noise inside of the house. At first, she didn't want to think anything of it. The house was old, and old houses were known to make noises. People would call the noises things like "the house settling" and stuff like that. When she heard a noise again though, she didn't believe it was nothing she knew something was in the house, and she was not sure what it could be.

She opened the drawer to the desk she was sitting at and grabbed a weapon, before she stood up and went to look for whatever or whoever was in the house. She knew it could've been something as simple as a stray dog, but she didn't want to take any chances. For all she knew, a witch could've snuck in, and was placing a hex bag somewhere to hurt her.

Skyla walked slowly along the wall, so she didn't get caught off guard. She didn't want to be knocked to the ground from the front. She also wanted to have a little leverage for herself if she was pushed. The girl didn't see anyone or anything though, so when she was caught from behind, she was very startled.

"Gotcha." She heard, as arms encircled her.

She struggled as hard as she could, but the person was stronger than her. She knew immediately it was a demon when they pretty much snapped at her for being married to a Winchester. The demon grabbed the blade from her, and shoved it against her belly. She could feel the pressure, but she hoped like hell it wouldn't go through her skin.

"Please, don't hurt my baby." Skyla pleaded, and she felt the pressure get worse with the blade.

Skyla felt blood start to trickle down her belly, before the demon was snatched off of her. She braced herself against the wall behind her, and she was surprised to see Castiel fighting the demon that had hurt her. After a bit of a fight, Castiel put the blade through the demon's chest, and the body fell to the ground.

"You're bleeding." Castiel commented, as he raised his fingers to her forehead.

He placed his fingers on her forehead, and in barely a moment or two, Skyla was completely healed and she felt a lot better.

"Thank you," Skyla said, and Castiel nodded,"How did you know I needed help?"

"I could feel that there was something wrong," Castiel replied,"I had to come to see what was happening."

"Will you, uh, take care of the body?" She asked,"I'd like to try and keep this from Dean. I don't want him to be too scared to leave me alone for a few hours at a time to work." She said, and Castiel nodded once more.

Castiel grabbed the demon's body, before he disappeared from the home. Skyla may not have trusted the angels before, but now she believed that maybe they could be trusted. Well, maybe Castiel could be trusted, because he had come to save her when she was alone...