Epilogue

Song of the Chapter: For My Daughter by Kane Brown

Dean held the little girl in his arms. She was beautiful, and she looked so much like her mother. She was the perfect little girl, and he was never going to give her up. He was going to make sure she had everything she ever needed, and he was going to make sure that she never forgot who her mother was.

Malina Sky Winchester; the little girl that was named by Skyla. The little girl that Dean didn't know he could love so much. The little girl that would always mean the most in his life. The little girl that would have her Uncle Sam wrapped around her little finger.

Only two days after she had died, Dean set up a hunter's funeral for Skyla. Once the fire had turned to ash, he buried what was left, to give Malina a spot to visit her mother whenever she wanted. Skyla was someone who Malina would never get to grow up with, but Dean was adamant she'd know her mother well. Skyla was the smartest woman he had ever met, and she was one of the only people that ever had his back undoubtedly and loved him when he felt no one else had.

Dean had been too scared to leave Malina in her own nursery alone. He didn't know how to care for a baby. He was only four when Sam was a baby, and even then, his mother cared for Sam. When she died, John took over until Dean was old enough to practically be the second parent. Dean didn't know how to take care of a baby, but he wasn't going to give up. He wasn't going to disappoint his dead wife by being a bad father. He was not going to be like John Winchester.

A week had passed since Skyla had died, and Dean still had her fresh on his mind. He most likely always would. She was the love of his life, and he knew he'd never find another woman to take her place. That part of his heart was always going to feel broken, because it was always going to be longing for the beautiful woman he had lost.

The time was close to two in the morning, and Malina had just woken up for her bottle. Dean held her in his arm, with her body cuddled close to his chest. She held on to his pinky, and his fingers held the bottle in her mouth. Her eyes were open, and they seemed to be staring straight into his. The one thing undoubtedly showed she was his daughter, was her beautiful eyes that had matched his. The rest of her features matched her mother, at least, in Dean's opinion they did.

"You're so beautiful, sweetheart," Dean murmured,"I'm so thankful your mother gave me you. I'll always love you, and I promise I'll protect you and love you until the day I die." He promised, giving the little girl a sweet smile.

When Malina was finished with her bottle, Dean carefully raised her to his shoulder to burp her. Afterward, he held her close to his chest again, and she simply stayed staring up at him with her bright, beautiful eyes. Dean lightly patted her back, and she wrapped her little fingers in his shirt.

"I bet I know what will help you," Dean commented,"your mother use to do this for me when I had trouble sleeping."

Dean moved to get more comfortable on the bed, making sure to secure Malina in his arms as he moved. Once he was comfortable, and he was sure that she was too, he gave her a sweet smile.

"I'm going to sing you the song your mother and I listened to on our wedding night." Dean told his daughter, kissing the top of her head.

Malina's eyes seemed to lock with her father's, as he began to hum the tune of the song he'd always cherish; the song that would now be Malina's song.

"I've got sunshine, on a cloudy day. When it's cold outside, I've got the month of May. I guess you'd say, what can make me feel this way? My girl, my girl, my girl. Talkin' 'bout my girl; my girl." Dean sang softly, as he watched his daughter's eyes close slowly, with a smile seeming to stick on her face.

Once Dean had finished the song, he quietly held his daughter for another moment. He felt the urge to cry as he looked down at the little girl, but he held it in. She was his daughter, she was his mini me, and he'd make sure she had absolutely everything.

The man was glad that he had Sam and Bobby to help when he needed it. Honestly, raising Malina alone would've been the hardest thing for him to do, but he'd do it if he had to. He would never give up on Malina. She would always be his number one priority.

He was always going to miss Skyla. She was his best friend, his other half, his wife, and she was gone. There was no way for her to come back, and that's what hurt Dean the most. He was never going to see her again, well, at least until the day he died himself. It was always just going to be him and Malina, but at least they'd have pictures of Skyla, and Dean would always have memories for his daughter to hear.

Skyla was his rock, but he now had to learn how to do it all on his own. He had to learn to be a good father, but that wouldn't be hard. Malina was the perfect daughter, and she would never be difficult. He promised himself to never get mad or become upset with the little girl. She would be the reason he woke up every morning, and continued to fight as hard as he possibly could. He would do anything to make Malina's life happy and fulfilled, for her and for Skyla, the love of his life that was gone too soon...