5

*not edited*
3rd Person POV.

Twone got out his car looking around the place he was all to familiar with. Taking the flowers up and locking the black dodge trackhawk behind him he started walking in the familiar pathways making sure not to step on anybody's grave.

-
Staring at the grass below him antwone felt the feeling of uneasiness settled in him. His right foot repeatedly shook unintentionally and he felt the tears in his eyes build up.

'Men don't cry'

the familiar voice in his head spoke. He wiped the tears as quick as the fell from his face.

"I'm sorry ma."

He spoke up and look finally looked up at the grave he always made sure was clean.

Twone knew as he stared at the grave the uneasiness he felt was guilt.

Daisha Moore
We lay to rest a loving Mother
A Daughter and Sister
You will be missed.

He felt as if committed a unforgivable crime and in her eyes he did. That was a lot coming him— a man who toted guns sold drugs and took lives.

Antwone remember the day she passed, she had cancer. He would've got her the treatment she needed but he didn't even know she had cancer. He didn't know how he missed that and he wanted to blame his self but he couldn't.

His older brother—Antonio- didn't care much. In fact, he didn't care about the death of their mother at all and Antwone never understood how. He guessed that everybody grieved differently.

That didn't stop Antwone from being depressed the first year. It got to the point where he was suicidal, she always told him he wouldn't know what to do when she was gone.

She was right.

8 months into depression was Twone's first and almost successful attempt.

If it wasn't for Antonio Twone wouldn't be here right now, and sometimes he honestly wished Ant didn't walk in his house.

Where was Antonio?

He committed suicide 2 years after their mothers death.

Antwone wanted to hate his brother.

He was so hypocritical. He preached about the importance of Antwone's life and how much he had to live for. How much he would've been so sad if Antwone's attempt was successful. How they only had each other as family and how they had to stick together.

All for him to turn his back and do what he preached against. Antwone wanted to hate Antonio.

But he just couldn't find it in his self.

Antonio was hurting. He didn't know why, it obviously wasn't because of their mother. Antwone figured if he wanted to share he would've. He always thought Maybe he could've helped him. It was so much 'What if's' and "Maybe's" in Twone's head.

He was alone family wise but figured everything happened for a reason.

-

"You straight bruh?"

Antwone snapped out of the daze he didn't even know he was in. Looking away from the Urn that sat on above the fire place he never used, he turned his head towards the voice and his eyes landed ManMan.

"I'm straight just thinkin' bout some shit."

Twone waved him off and ManMan gave him a look 'ion believe you' look. Antwone ignored it and went back to rolling his blunt.

When he was done he looked around for a lighter before getting up and going to the kitchen when he seen it was none around him.

Everybody was at Antwone's house right now like always. He was glad, it helped bring his mood up a bit from earlier today.

He walked in the kitchen and his eyes landed on Ri who was sitting on the high chair waiting patiently for tea to finish.

She was always the clam and nice one out of the group.

Twone was almost sure he had to tell her a couple times she was too nice to people, he didn't doubt she heard that from almost everybody in the group. She was like a sister he never asked for but got anyways. He didn't mind, he loved her.

"Wassup Ri" He grinned at her and she sent a bright smile back at him.

"Hi twone! I was watching this TikTok and the man in it reminded me of you." She flipped the phone and he watched the man squint his eyes and rub his hand over his hair before smiling.

Twone face screwed up at that. The man wasn't even in a place where it was sun and he looked awkward, and ugly.

"Marianne get dat' shit out my face, on foenem."

He mugged her and watched her laugh before scrolling and turning the phone off.

"What you looking for?"

He held up the blunt in answer to her question and she shook her head.

"No thank you, I don't smoke Twone." She said smiling and putting her hands in her lap

Antwone wanted to laugh because she looked like the smiling emoji.

"Girl hell is you talkin' bout? ain' nobody tellin' you ta' smoke I'm lookin for a lighter."

He responded and watched as her face shifted to realization and a silent 'ohhh' left her mouth.

He shook his head and opened the drawer and pulled out a lighter. Touching her on top of her head with his empty hand and he walked pass to go in the back yard.

He opened the screen door and closed it behind him before he sat on the chair that was outside. He sparked his blunt, opening his phone and went to instagram reels.

I want a damn cat.

-

Look into Twone's life