16

*not edited*
3rd Person POV.

"What you wan' from the sto' baybe?" Xavier asked as he walked in the corner store.

He had to go check on things back in a trap he was in charge of about 30 minutes away from his house and Antwone was sleeping. He was obviously confused when he woke up with nobody in the bed, he called Xavier.

Xavier didn't expect him to be up right now, shit, he didn't expect to be out his house right now but he had to go.

"Nothing right now.." a tired twone spoke in his AirPods.

"Go ta' sleep baybe imma be home in 10."

He knew Antwone was tired

"Ok Xavier."

"Ight baby." Xavier bit back the words that was on the tip of his tongue and hung up.

Walking in the store he picked up a 2 pack's of chocolate chip cookies and Arizona and headed up to the cashier.

"80 on 5." Xavier said, he put the snacks down, reaching in his pocket for his American Express black card. He paid and left.

"Ight Shoota."

He nodded his head over at the group of boys that were more than likely selling and got to his car filling the gas tank, looking around.

Georgia was starting to get cold and it had to be at least 65 degrees out tonight. Watching the number go up and stopping directly at $80.00 he took the gas pump out, putting up before turning around and closing his tank.

-

Xavier drove listening to the random music that was playing lowly on the radio. He seemed to be the only one on the road about right now and he was about 25 minutes from home.

Switching lanes on he squinted his eyes before holding a hard brakes, feeling his body jerk a bit.

Putting the car in park, tucking the gun that was on his lap Xavier got out the car walking to the front eyes widening at the child who laid on the floor.

He felt his heart beat out of his fucking chest.

If he wasn't for the white jacket she had on He was positive he would've never seen her.

He bent down moving the her a bit and he watch her eyes pop open, immediately starting to cry.

"Im sorry, Where yo parents?"

She looked at him confused she looked to be around the age of 3-4.

"Mom? Dad?"

"Mommy and daddy tell me get out caw." The girl spoke wiping the tears from her eyes, standing up from her curled position on the road

Xavier knew better than to ask the girl how long she been here, but from the looks of it a while. She obviously wasn't there when he left, but that was around 10pm it was 3:45am.

He could physically feel his self trying to keep his calm.

"Ok...well. My name is Xavier, you know yo' name?"

"Xavier"

"No. Dats ma' name what's yo' name."

"I name Kehlani." She mispronounced her name but it wasn't hard to figure out.

"Ight Kehlani, cmon."

He put his hand out and she grabbed it happily, he shook his head knowing anybody could've just came and picked this girl up and do whatever they pleased.

And her parents did not give one fuck.

He lifted her in the passenger seat strapping her in and closing the door. He took his gun out his waist band, quickly putting it in the armrest when he got in the car.

He gave her the cookies he didn't open, and watched as she happily ate obviously hungry.

-

Xavier held Kehlani up unlocking his door. He walked in closing it and heard steps as he turned around to lock it. Turning around his eyes landed on a tired Antwone.

"Xavier I'a make some tea, you wan' some?" Antwone mumbled eyes still half closed walking in the direction of the kitchen.

"I name Kehlani!"

Antwone's felt his full body do a u-turn, hearing the sound of a girls voice. His eyes wide as he watched the girl.

His eyes shifted over to a very pissed off Xavier.

•••