31

3rd Person POV.
*not edited*

"Maw! Paw!" Xavier called out walking in the penthouse hotel he put his grandparent in for their stay in Georgia.

He didn't think they would appreciate hearing his husband moaning all night.

Closing the door behind him he was greeted with silence and he looked around confused. He wouldn't normally got yelled at by his grandmother for yelling by now.

Walking to the kitchen resting the flowers he got for Cloe on the island before opening the fridge contemplating on taking one of his grandmothers juices before he took it up.

Turning around hearing footsteps

"Naw I took one'a yo juice." He said sitting on the high chair

"They're not here at tha' moment." Melissa said and he nodded

"Wea' they go?" Xavier asked opening the juice and drinking some

"They went to a cafe Maw saw a couple days ago."

Xavier nodded

"Cool."

He stood up about to walk back out the door

"Xavier can we talk?"

He stared at the woman. Watching her body language, she was obviously nervous. Shit she was talking to her son after 24 years, who wouldn't be?

"What you wan' Melissa."

She exhaled before she started speaking

"I just want to let you know I'm so sorry. Maw and Paw wasn't in the best situation financially and it wouldn't of help taking care of me and a child. I was a teenager year old. I was a child myself. I was scared so I left. I could've barely take care of myself, I couldn't take care of a baby.

Umm...I thought your father and I were in love. That was proven to be a lie after I left home and went with him. I was second guessing myself the day I left but he somehow convinced me to stay.

Then after I found it in me to leave his manipulative ways and come back home, Maw and Paw moved... I'm sure you had a lot to do with that.."

she trailed off and Xavier continued to stared at her making her shuffle on her feet a bit. She wasn't stupid, she knew exactly who the man she called her son in front of her was. She knew what he was capable of and she knew what he did. His nickname was very known along with his friends.

"I know who you are. And I know what you and your 3 friends do-"

"Twone is my husband."

He finally spoke up and her eyes slightly widen in surprise. Her eyes shifted down to the black band covered in black diamond around the edges and round cut diamonds in the middle that rested perfectly on his ring finger.

"You like men?"

"I love my husband."

She nodded at his straightforwardness

"I've heard enough about you guys do and I don't mind. I'm not here to ask you to forget the mistakes I've made in the past. I will love a relationship with you...your my only child. I'm asking if we can move forward.."

"No."

The only thing that Xavier heard out of her mouth was complete bullshit. She left her 2 year old because she couldn't raise a child but she didn't think about that while she was having sex? She left her 2 year old instead of getting a job to help support him? She left her 2 year old son with her parents that struggled financially to run off with her boyfriend at the time because they were so 'in love'. She clearly chose a man over him and now she was trying to flip the situation.