Of unseen and unexpected

The first week flew by in settling in and in freshmen orientation activities. The seniors were awesome, and pretty helpful. Sky had been working hard to prepare to get into the Student Council. He had graduated from school as the President of the Council, much to the dismay of many of his classmates, but he had been determined then, and he was determined now. He knew that this was something he was good at, and he was ready to give it his best shot. Luckily he had his biggest cheerleader and supporter right there. One of the seniors, who had come for the Freshmen Orientation, and had been in the Council, had given Sky a lot of tips and a battery of questions that could be asked. And Rain had taken one look at it and had barred Sky from any and all household activities and chores for the coming week. "Give it your best shot Ai'Sky. And don't worry about anything, I will take care of everything," he had assured his best friend.

Having been part of a family like theirs, Rain and Sky were inherently clean boys, so it was not like Rain had truckloads of work. But he did what he had to and cooked as well. They both would quickly finish their assigned homework, and then Sky would spread out in their living room, while Rain would put on his headphones and begin the dinner proceedings. Sky's interview was on a Saturday, as all the members of the Student Council who sat on the panel were available only on that day. So Friday night, Rain set an early alarm, and quickly got and made Sky's favourite breakfast of pancakes and bacon, along with coffee, before he woke him up. Sky quickly got dressed, and the two had their breakfast. Since many senior teachers would also be part of the panel, there were no classes, so Rain was dressed in casual white jeans and a black shirt, that showed his slanted honey brown eyes, gorgeous black hair and his absolutely evident Korean ancestry amazingly well.

"Where are you going, dressed this early in the morning?" Sky asked. "I am coming to drop you," he said, shrugging as he put on his favourite black high-tops. "I can go..," Sky began. "No way in hell am I letting you drive in this condition," he stated sternly. "Plus, if I drive, you can do a last minute prep," Rain added. Sky hugged his best friend. "God! What would I do without you?" he asked, emotion lacing his tone. "You will never have to find out," Rain said, hugging him right back.

****************************************

"That's him! That's Sky," Pai pointed him out to Phayu as he got down from the passenger seat of a car. The driver's side also got down, a slim boy in black and white, whose face was not clearly visible. The two boys hugged and the casually dressed boy stroked his hand down Sky's head. He said something the older boys couldn't hear, causing Sky to laugh with his head thrown back, making Pai gasp. "He is magnificent man!" he whispered to Phayu. "Control your libido dude. He is clearly here for the Council interview, and also clear why he was not interested in you. He seems to have his 'sugar daddy' already, although that guy is a bit too young to be anyone's 'daddy'," Phayu said, pouring a metaphorical bucket of ice on Pai's dreams of Sky.

"Shut up Ai'Phayu! Do you necessarily have to spoil it for me?" Pai asked, pouting. "Pai, we don't take other people's partners. We don't need to! And that boy has someone, so leave him alone," Phayu said. Pai nodded and they both watched as Sky made his way into the building. The other boy watched him for a while. Sky entered the building and turned and waved at the boy, who waved back. As soon as Sky disappeared into the building, the other boy sat in his car (a red Ferrari, nothing less!) and whizzed away. Pai and Phayu made their way into the building as well. Pai sighed and looked despondent, and Phayu just shook his head at the stupidity of his brother.

They headed to the panel, determined to choose good people today. One by one, the candidates walked in. Some were good, some were bad, some were between the two. So far, they had only found 2 candidates who could pass muster at the first shot. "The next candidate is supposed to have graduated as President of his school's council," Som said, smiling at Phayu and Pai. "Which school?" Pai asked. "Satit Kaset, the laboratory school of the Kasetsart University," Som said. "He studied in the university school? That's not easy to get into!" Phayu asked, shocked. "He did, and he was in their top 1%. He was also Captain of the Debate Team," Som said, reading off the resume he had in his hand. "Must meet this paragon of all good things," Aya spoke up, laughing. "Well, he is next," Marine said. "So let's call him in then," Aya replied.