Of caring and criticism

"Do we have to?" Sky asked, his eyes filling with tears. "We don't know yet Sky. But we cannot build a case without you guys. Luckily for us, they are not in a position to get out of this situation, because, not only did Rain give the right description of what Stop was wearing, but also cameras in the area and several eyewitnesses caught him in the act. And from what we have understood, these two are always together," Detective Prachaya said. "They go to Arthan, which means they have the means and capacity to get out of these charges," Arm said. "Don't worry. money can't save them this time. However big they are, they are not bigger than the Theerpanayakuls, and Rain and Sky's family is also no joke," Detective Perawat said.

"Did you tell our parents?" Rain asked, his fear palpable. "No, Ai'Arm told us not to. Although we don't understand why, we respect your wishes. And unless you give us the green light, no one outside of this family and our investigations, will know anything," Detective Perawat said, smiling at both the young boys. They smiled back in gratitude. "Thank you very much. You have no idea what that means to us," Sky said. "And as far as our statements regarding our past are concerned, if you really arrest P'Gun and P'Stop and need more ammunition than what you already have, I will testify, and Sky will too," Rain said, laying his hand on Sky's and squeezing it.

"Thank you Nong, that's very brave of you. Though I really hope it doesn't come to that, but we are grateful," Detective Prachaya said, and both the detectives smiled at Rain and Sky, waiied to the others and left them. Rain looked at Sky. "Don't be afraid na?" he said. "As long as I have you, I have no fears in life," Sky said, as he smiled at his best friend.

***************************************************

"So now that the detectives have gone, care to tell us where you both went? And what did you do to your hands?" Pete asked. Phayu and Pai looked at their hands, and then at leach other. "Even I would like to know Phi," Sky said, stroking Pai's bruised knuckles without realising what he was doing. Rain watched him for a minute, then looked at Phayu. "P'Phayu." He said, and everyone looked at him, including Phayu. "Khap?" he said. "Do you hate us? I know that..," he trailed off, as Phayu stared at him in shock. "I know that we are damaged goods. I also know that you might be regretting asking us to date you. And we can understand if you want to back off. Both of us will understand actually. You are both from good families and we...," Rain trailed off again as a bout of coughing took over. Sky immediately got up and gave him some water. He moved closer to Rain and held his hand and put his forehead on his brother's, showing him silent support.

Pete and Porche looked at each other. "I think you all should talk it out. But I will say this. Rain, Sky, my babies, you are not 'damaged goods'. You are both the best examples of strong, resilient young men, who have gone through hell and back, but are still standing with your heads held high. It gives me great pride to know that such wonderful people were our sons' choices. And if our sons don't understand that, then it's their loss, not yours," Pete said. "I second that, truly and from the bottom of my heart. And even if our sons don't want you, we do. So we will get rid of these idiots, and adopt you instead," Porche said. "Pa, Papa, thank you," Rain and Sky said together. "We will go now. Hope you guys can clear everything up," Arm said, as he opened the door for Pete and Porche and stepped out himself after them, throwing a last look over his shoulder at Phayu and Pai.

**********************************************

Phayu and Pai stared at Rain and Sky. They were speechless. They had no idea what to say, and how to say it. But they knew that their silence would kill the love they wanted before they even got it. "Rain, first and foremost, I apologise. Actually, we both apologise to both of you. We didn't say anything at that time, because we didn't know if we would be able to control our emotions in front of," Phayu said. It was now Rain's turn to look shocked. "What do you mean Phi?" he asked. "Rain, you and Sky are not 'damaged goods'. Like our Pa and Papa said, you both are wonderful people, who grew in such darkness, but are brighter than the sun, which is exactly what attracted us to you in the first place," Pai said.