Of hurting and healing - 1

"How is he doing Sky?" Yihwa asked, as soon as Phayu and he came out of Rain's room. "He's not awake. But I wanted to tell you guys. I will go back in in some time," Sky said. "Sky!" a voice called out. Sky turned around. "Jay? Jay, what are you doing here?" he asked. "I called Rain and then you. Some girl picked up your call and said that you are in the hospital and that Rain had an accident." The girl who had come in had tears pouring down her face. "How is he? And why didn't you tell me?" she added. "Calm down Jay. Rain will be fine. Trust Sky na Jay?" "Why didn't you call me Sky?" his sister asked. "I didn't want to trouble anyone Jay. I am here for Rain. Please don't worry," Sky hugged her. "Where is Kleun Jay?" he asked. "He is..," "I am here Hia!" A young boy rushed in, and put his arms around Sky and their sister.

They all broke apart after Sky had pacified them enough. "Everyone, this is Montha 'Mon' Kirigun, Rain's and my elder sister and his Khabkleun, or Kleun, our brother. Jay Mon, Kleun, these are the Theerpanayakuls. We met them when we went to Singapore to meet Khun Yayi and Khun Pu. And these are our friends, Yihwa, Nut, Sig and Por," Sky introduced everyone. Everyone waiied to each other. "Jay Mon, please go home. Take Kleun with you. You both shouldn't stay out so late. We will be fine here, Rain and I. And don't say anything to anyone," Sky said to his sister. "But Sky..," "No buts. Please go home Jay. Just do as I say. If there is anything at all, I will let you know. Kleun, please take Jay and go home. And you too, don't utter a word about this at home, okay?" Sky reiterated.

By now, the entire Theerpanayakul family was extremely confused at Sky's insistence in not letting the elders in the family know. They were even more surprised because they couldn't never imagine their sons ever hiding anything from them. Whatever it was, the pain in Sky's voice came as clear as shout to them. But they knew better that to ask any questions. They were sure that eventually the two boys would tell Phayu and Pai everything, and that was enough for them. They watched as Mon and Kleun left. "I am going back inside," Sky said. "Guys, will you help me and Rain ask for leave from the college?" he asked. "Of course. Don't worry about it," Nut said. "Anyways, it's the weekend. We will think about it on Monday," Sig said.

"Sky, we have arranged for a bed to be put in Rain's room. If you need anything else, please do not hesitate to ask," Porche said. "You guys go home. Phayu and I will stay here with Sky. We will take care if they need anything. Don't worry about it," Pai said. "P'Pai, please go home with them. There are lots of doctors and nurses here. You must tired, P'Phayu too. Please go rest. I will definitely call you if anything changes," Sky said. "Pai, before you say anything, listen to me. I will be in the hospital, monitoring Rain. You and Phayu should go home and rest. Come back in the morning, fresh, okay?" Chay said. "Uncle Chay, do you seriously think that Phayu can rest when Rain is in that condition? And if Sky is this worried, can I actually get a good night's sleep?" Pai asked. Phayu didn't utter a word. He was too tired. Seeing Rain like that, had broken something inside him, a part of him that would constantly live in fear that he could lose Rain.

Pai looked at him. "He will not go Uncle Chay. And I will not go leaving him," Pai said emphatically. "It's okay Chay. Let them sleep in our rooms," Porche said. "No Papa," Phayu finally spoke up. "I will stay here only," he said. "You can't sit the whole night on these chairs Phayu," Pete said. "P'Phayu and P'Pai can take the bed that you will put in the room, and I will take the couch. We will manage," Sky said. "Will you okay on the couch Sky?" Phayu asked. "It will be better than P'Phayu and P'Pai sitting on these hard chairs. Plus I am smaller than them in size. I can easily fit into the couch. I just need an pillow and a blanket. So yes, I am sure," Sky said. "What do you think Phi?" he asked. Phayu and Pai immediately assented. "We agree," Pai said on both their behalf. Everyone agreed, and after all the arrangements had been done, the Theerpanayakuls all left, except for Phayu and Pai.

**********************************************

The next morning Sky woke up to the smell of something redolent. When he sat up, he saw Pai opening containers of food near the small table in front of the couch he was sleeping in. "You up?" Pai asked him. He nodded, rubbing sleep out of his eyes. "Phayu bought some necessities. You can brush your teeth and freshen up in the en suite bathroom. Breakfast is ready. Come soon, and eat it hot. You need to be fresh when Rain wakes up," Pai said, smiling at him. Sky nodded. "Where is P'Phayu?" he asked. "He stepped out to call Papa Vegas and Papa Pete. He will be in soon," Pai said. "You both are very lucky Phi. You have a lovely and loving family," Sky said, before standing up and disappearing into the bathroom.