Of hurting and healing - 2

"Sky?" He looked up at Pai. "Khap?" "Sky, the cops wanted to talk to you. But your doctor will talk to them, saying that you and Rain need to tell them everything together," he said. Sky nodded gratefully. "Thank you Phi. That would be good. Dr. Phu was here?" he asked. "Yes. So don't worry," Pai smiled. "Did he say anything at all?" "About you?" Sky nodded. "No Sky. He is a good doctor. He will never break doctor-patient confidentiality. And he genuinely cares for both of you," Pai said. Sky smiled sadly.

"Where is P'Phayu?" he asked, just as the door of the room opened, and Phayu walked in with Pete, Porche and Chay. "Hello Sky. How are you feeling lu?" Pete asked him. "I am feeling okay Papa," he replied. "Are you sure na?" he asked. "Yes Papa. Just worried about Rain," he replied. "I can understand. Rain will be fine," Porche said, smiling at Sky. Just as they finished speaking, there was a noise from the bed. They all immediately turned towards it.

*******************************************

"Ummmm... ummmm..." A simple sound from Rain brought everyone around. "Rain? Rain? Can you hear me?" Sky was already at attention next to him. "Sky? Lu? Can you step away for a minute? We just want to check him up," Porche asked. Sky immediately stepped back. "Vitals seem okay, he is breathing easier, no unusual activity in the neural area," Chay said. "He is opening his eyes!" Porche said. "Let him see Sky first," Pete said. "Yes, that's a good idea," Porche said.

Sky stepped forward and held Rain's hand. "Rain? Teun! Please? Are you going to sleep like this all the time?" Sky asked. Rain's eyes fluttered open, as he slowly tried to focus his gaze. "Rain?" Rain's gaze dropped down to Sky. He then looked all around the room. He looked at the hand holding his. "Who.. Who are you?" he asked, his voice raspy from disuse. Sky was flabbergasted, as was everyone else in the room. What the hell was happening?

"Rain, I am Sky na? Your brother and best friend," Sky said. Rain shook his head. "Don't.. Don't know," he whispered. Sky was scared. "What is happening Uncle Chay?" he asked, afraid to know the response. "It could be amnesia. He did hit his head," Chay said, looking extremely worried. "No, no, no! I can't lose him Uncle Chay. He needs to remember me," Sky said, almost in tears. "Sky," Pai whispered. "Nong Rain can never forget you. He loves you so much," he added. Phayu nodded. "He can forget anyone, but not you Sky. He is just disoriented maybe, right? Right Uncle Chay?" Phayu asked, trying to divert Sky's attention.

"Ai'Sky, did you believe that?" Rain's soft voice whispered in the air. "Ai'Satt! Lucky you hit your head, otherwise I would have hit it now!" Sky said, his soft voice a contrast to the way he squeezed Rain's fingers. "Rain, how do you feel lu?" Pete asked, stroking Rain's bandaged head. This was the boy his son was in love with, and there was nothing Pete wouldn't do to see his son happy including love the person Phayu would choose. But Pete really was happy with the fact that he liked Rain as a person too, and that made everything so much easier.

"Okay Pa," his voice still raspy. "You want water Rain?" Sky asked. Rain nodded. "Can he sit up Uncle Chay?" Phayu asked his uncle. "We will raise the bed. Better not sit up completely yet," Chay said. "Let me do that," Pai said. Sky quickly moved to pour water in a glass and add a straw to it. Phayu quickly adjusted the pillows behind Rain so that he would be more comfortable. Rain stared at him, wondering what he was doing there. Sky quickly brought the straw close to Rain's mouth so that he could sip the water.

"Sky, we will leave you and Rain to talk. Sky, please let Rain know everything, okay?" Pete said. Sky nodded. "Phayu and I will come back later Sky," Pai said, as he and Phayu left together, with the rest of the family. "P'Phayu, P'Pai, here?" Rain asked. "It's a long story," Sky said. He then explained everything that had happened since the day before. He also spoke about the conclusion that he had reached about Phayu and Pai. "Even if they can't accept our past as boyfriends, trust me Rain, they will be the greatest friends and allies we can have. I have seen their devotion to us in the last 24 hours. P'Phayu was devastated when he heard about you. Eyes don't lies Rain, and his eyes spoke volumes about what he feels for you. And I saw the same with P'Pai. I don't think we dared imagine what our heart wanted, so we kept them aside, but just maybe..," Sky trailed off.