Of futures and fiancés - 2

"Where is Rain Phi?" Sky asked, as Phayu came down the stairs. "Sleeping," he said. "Guys, I need to talk to all of you," he added, as he sat down on one of the bean bags next to his Dad and Pa. "Go ahead baby, what is it?" Pete said, stroking his son's hair. "It sounds serious lu," Vegas said. Without a word, Phayu pulled out a box from his pocket and opened it and kept it on the table. The whole family gasped. Inside were a pair of rings in a band like style made of platinum. Both had a single simple diamond stone set right in the centre, that sparkled when they caught the light. "Lu, is this what I think it is?" Vegas asked, his voice cracking. His little boy was finally growing up!

"It is Dad. I am going to ask Rain to marry me. Not immediately, but whenever he is ready. However, I want to ask him now. Today itself, if possible, and I need help from all of you," he said. "Let us know what you want us to do," Pete asked, excited. "We have one hour. Sky, you have to make sure that Rain doesn't come down until then. And the rest of you can help me decorate the area near the greenhouse. I have everything we would need in the car," Phayu said. "Okay, okay, let's go!" Thankhun said. Everyone got up, excited to do their bit. Sky immediately ran up the stairs to ensure everyone got time to do their stuff, and the other went outside so that they could work at full speed.

*************************************

Phayu's phone buzzed. "Rain is coming downstairs with Sky," he said. "We will go in and send him here," Pete said, quickly ushering everyone inside. "Where is P'Phayu?" Rain asked, almost as soon as he saw everyone. "He is outside, in the gardens," Kim said, gesturing backwards with his thumb. Rain nodded, and went out, only to be surprised when Phayu covered his eyes. "What happened Phi? What are you doing?" he asked, his smile coming through in his tone. "Surprise baby," Phayu purred in his ears. Rain shuddered a bit, his body coming alive at his lover's touch and voice. When it came to Phayu, Rain's nerve-endings were always raw and open, his emotions always close to the surface. But that didn't bother him or make him insecure, because he knew very well that his lover was exactly the same.

Phayu led Rain through the path towards the greenhouse. He had chosen that particular location because of three reasons. One, that was where Rain had kissed him first, two, because Rain had said once that he had fallen in love with him there, and three, he had the most cherished memory of his small and beautiful family at that very spot. So that place was in his heart as the most special and wonderful. Before taking his hands off Rain's eyes, he looked around to check if everything was okay. He wanted everything to be perfect for the most perfect person in his life. "Are you ready baby?" he whispered in Rain's ears, kissing the nape of his neck. Rain nodded.

Rain gasped as he beheld the sight in front of him. The entire area was lit with tiny lights that looked like fireflies dancing in the night. Rose petals in white, red and pink littered the ground, forming a pathway towards the greenhouse. Just in front of it, a luxurious white mat was laid out, with a bottle of champagne in an ice bucket and a picnic basket was arranged prettily on it. Phayu led Rain forward, and made him sit on the mat. "What's all this Phi?" Rain asked, smiling. "Surprise for my baby. You are going to graduate soon, and then intern. You will get too busy to even talk to your Phi. So I thought I will give you a surprise. Did you like it?" Phayu asked. "No Phi, I didn't like it," Rain said, with a deadpan expression.

Phayu's face fell. Rain smiled at his Phi. "You are so narak Phi. I didn't like it, that's true. Because I loved it!!" he said, cupping Phayu's face in his hands. "You are the best boyfriend in the world. And I wish I can stay like this with you forever!" he added wistfully. "What makes you think you can't?" Phayu asked. "Nothing Phi. I am being sentimental," Rain said, smiling at Phayu, and pecking his lips. "Rain, there is something I want to tell you," Phayu began. "Sure Phi, go ahead," Rain said, as he opened the basket and found his favourite strawberries. Rain was about to pop it in his mouth when Phayu took it from him and put it back in the basket. "Oww Phi! I wanted to eat that," he said. "You can, just give me a minute, okay?" Phayu said. Rain nodded.