Of conferences and cockiness

"Are you both ready Phaw, Mae?" Kinn asked Khun Ananda and Khun Anong. They both nodded. Kinn and Arm escorted them into the conference room of The Imperial Grand, one of the largest hotels owned by the Theerpanayakul Group in Bangkok. They were followed by Rain and Sky, and the rest of the family members came in after them. Khun Ananda and Khun Anong sat on the raised platform along with Rain, while the rest of the family sat on the seats below, at the back. The journalists had already started clicking pictures and asking questions. Khun Ananda raised his hand. Everyone fell silent. "I am here to give a statement only. If there are any questions, they can be asked through my PR representatives who have been completely briefed on the situation," Khun Ananda began.

"I am Ananda Suwannarat and this my wife Anong Suwannarat. And the young men you see with us are our grandsons, Varain and Thupfah Suwannarat." Rain and Sky looked shocked at their grandparents. They had not been expecting this! "We are the owners of the PhyomPhirun Beach Resorts based out of Singapore but with branches all over the world. We are here today to announce that we are officially handing over our resort business, as well our shares in the K&S Holdings, that amount to 10%, as per the Company Laws of Thailand, as well as our surname to our grandsons Varain and Thupfah and not to our sons Type Thiwat Kirigun and Fiat Pairat Suansri, who have been hereafter been disowned from our lives and our businesses, and will have no part it."

The room erupted with questions from shocked journalists. Rain and Sky could not get over their own surprise. they were not sure what exactly had happened, but they knew that this was big, and the repercussions were going to be big. A large part of their Dads' businesses were actually funded by their grandparents' settlements made on their sons at the time of their marriage. If there was such a public denouement, that meant their grandparents were withdrawing support from K&S Holdings as well. And that did not bode well for their fathers' company. They had no idea what they were going to.

Khun Ananda ignored all the question being thrown his way. He raised his hand again. The room fell quiet again, waiting for the next bombshell. "We would also like to announce our biggest collaboration so far, a complete incorporation between PhyomPhirun Beach Resorts and the Theerpanayakul Resorts, both of which will been finally merged under the PhyomPhirun Beach Resorts name and will be run by Varain and Thupfah, who are currently dating Venice and Prapai Theerpanayakul, future heirs of the group. In the future, no one should point fingers at our grandsons for being gold-diggers, as they are bringing considerable wealth of their own to the table. That will be all for this conference, and any questions must be sent to our PR Department." All the four of them got up, joined their hands and bowed, before they walked out, followed by the members of the Theerpanayakul family.

*********************************

When they reached home, they found visitors waiting for them. Tharn, Type, Leo and Fiat waited in the formal drawing room. The butler had deliberately not put them in the family drawing salon, because the news of what had happened yesterday had spread through the house like wildfire, and with the amount of love the servants had for Rain and Sky, they firmly believed that these men did not deserve to be treated as family. Tharn and Leo were furious, Type and Fiat subdued. "Phaw, Mae, how could you do this?" Tharn started, when Type pulled his arm. "Let me," he whispered. "Phaw, Mae, how could you make this announcement without consulting us? The share prices of K&S Holdings have fallen, and you knew this could happen," Type said beseechingly. "Well, did you ask your sons before disowning them?" Khun Ananda asked. "Believe it or not, the reason the prices of the shares have not fallen too low is because Rain and Sky continue to have shares of the company and they are backed by both the Suwannarat and the Theerpanayakul names. And that will continue to happen," Khun Anong said.

"You have proved it yourself yesterday. The very fact that you are such selfish parents, makes it clear that you are not fit to be running a company. You were cold and distant towards your own flesh and blood. We could have expected it from Tharn and Leo. But what about the both of you? Type? Fiat? Did you decide to sell your soul to the devil? Did you not once think that these are your children and the amount of pain they are in? Did you realise the amount of distress they are in because you refused to be parents?" Khun Anong said. "Mae, stop talking to them. Talking to strangers is not right," Khun Ananda said coldly. "You are trespassing in someone else's house. So please leave," he added.