201. Traumatic incident part 1

Mini: Hi Neil... We are free now.... Main aur Vaishnavi dono basement me ja rahe hai.... tum nikal rahe ho na?

Neil: I told you to call me before getting free.... Tum nikalte waqt phone kar rahi ho?

Mini: Par mujhe laga tha ki time lagega abhi par khatam ho gaya kaam.

Neil: Hmm.... Mini nikal hi raha hu.... tum vahi building me mera wait karna... traffic nahi mila to lagbhag aadhe ghante me aa jaunga....Ok?

Mini: Ok... Hum basement me hi wait karte hai then...

Neil: Hmm...

Neil left for her office. He started having those anxious thoughts again and couldn't understand why he felt a strong tug deep in his heart. 

Koi dukh te ni tainu
Tera fikr rahe mainu [x2]

Without any reason, today the tug was so strong that he felt restless and couldn't contemplate why he's feeling so.

He drove faster but there was lot of traffic.

Tera kivein lageya hona
Dil mera taan lage na tere bin

A few lanes away from her office, he received Mini's call.

Picking it up, He spoke out immediately as he was at the signal.

Neil: Bas 5 minute Mini... I will reach in 5 mins....

He heard her painful voice almost a whisper.

Mini: Neil! I need you!...

Anxiety surrounded him to the core and he couldn't speak out further.

He was able to hear her heavy breaths. It felt she somehow spoke up with her crying voice and her voice getting breathy on her every further word.

Mini: mujhe bacha lo Neil.... main... main mar jaungi..... Neil mujhe bacha lo pls.....

He heard her gasp and sound of her phone falling down due to which maybe the call had ended.

Mainu chheti chheti mill dholna
Main te theek nahi o tere bin (x2)

Next two mins at the traffic signal seemed like two hours to Neil.

After the signal went green, he accelerated as much as he could. The traffic was taking long making Neil more anxious.

Neil reached the building and saw Police arresting people there.

Police was not letting him come. 

Neil: (to the inspector) Mam.... Main Neil Oberoi... 

Inspector signalled the constable to let him come. 

Inspector: Aapne bola tha do ladkiyan hai... hume to ek hi mili hai abhi tak... hospital bhej diya hai....

Neil was taking out his phone to show the photo and ask whom did they find when the constable spoke up.

Constable: Madam... purse mile hai do... id card hai inme.... jo ladki mili unka naam Vaishnavi hai...

Neil: Shit...

He ran and looked everywhere in the basement but couldn't find Mini. Then saw a lift not working and his heart appealed him to click on the button. He did so and the lift opened, for him to see most haunting scene of his life.

He could see Mini's hands tied with her own dupatta on the handle on the back wall of the lift and Mini wasn't visible as Ritwick had straddled her between his knees.

Neil with his one hand held Ritwick's back collar making him lose his grip on Mini when he felt the strong pull and at the same time, by his other hand, opened the knot of tied dupatta edge to free her hands. Neil's single enraged punch was enough for Ritwick to fall outside the lift, from where the police held him.