217. Traumatic incident part 17

Getting up, Mini already feeling sleep paralysis as always, today was also feeling a throbbing pain in her head.

Neil saw her scrunching her eyes and tightening her fists.

Neil: (tensely patting her cheek) Mini... Tum theek ho?

Mini: Sar... me... dard ho rha hai... Aah...

Neil: (gently pressing her head) Aaram se.... Relax...

In a few mins, she felt slightly better and as the sleep paralysis got over, she could now sit up slowly with Neil's support but her headache didn't got over.

Neil: Better lag raha hai?

Mini: Hmm.... Par abhi bhi pain hai.

Neil: Dr se baat ki hai maine... Unhone bola tha ki tum uth jaao to ek baar le aau tumhe... Abhi chalein?...

Mini: Hmm...

.

.

.

Mini was in Neil's arms as she couldn't even keep her eyes open due to the headache with already the pain in her injuries was too much for her skinny body to endure.

Dr did her check up and gave her an injection while she was lying on the observation bed weakly.

Dr came out of the observation room.

Neil: Mini kaisi hai ab?

Dr: Thodi der me better feel karengi... abhi injection diya hai.

Neil: Bahot severe headache ho raha tha Mini ko aaj... aise achanak kaise?

Dr: She is trying to recover from CPTSD.

Neil: (her worried face got a little relief) Okay... To ab?

Dr: Kuch after effects hai iss trauma ke.... jaise this one... Trauma-based-Migraine.... Abhi first time tha aur vo itni weak bhi hai to yeh headache endure nahi kar paayi par isse bhi heavy headache ho sakte hai aage kabhi future me... ho sakta hai kisi din exertion le le to headache ke saath blackouts bhi ho jaaye.... Tab inhe injection lagvaana padega.... To jitna ho sake unko aage bhi exertion se dur rehne ke liye kahiyega.... Main pills prescribe kar deti hu... Migraine initial phase me hi rest kar lengi to better rahega but agar unhone kabhi bhi khud ko exert kiya initial phase me then it can lead her to debilitating throbbing pain that can leave her in bed for days.... Iske aur bhi problems hote hai... You should be mentally prepared for such situations....

Neil nodded.

Dr: Vo koshish kar rahi hai recover karne ka itni jaldi yeh bahot badi baat hai.... Varna you know maine aapko discharge se pehle hi bataaya tha ki unke case me mujhe to laga tha she'll take maybe months to recover. I am even impressed to see her speaking normally again so early, generally patients ko ek do mahina to isme hi lag jaata hai. So now ek aur advice dena chahungi main aapko agar aap kar sake for her to feel better.

Neil: Boliye na... Jis bhi tarah Mini ko better feel ho.

Dr: Jab bhi aap logo ka case wagera finish ho jaaye.... Aap kahin baahar le jayiye unhe... Kisi nayi jagah pe.... Thoda environment change hoga to recovery me easier rahega unke liye... Thoda relax ho jayengi to better rahega.

Neil: Sure..... Aur kisi cheez ka dhyaan rakhna hai?... Kuch bhi?

Dr: Agle kuch mahino tak kabhi bhi kuch bhi abnormal feel hota hai unhe.... to mujhse ya kisi aur doctor se hi sahi par contact karne me hesitate mat karne dijiyega unhe... aur kal dopeher sutures remove honge to ho sakta hai 1-2 din pain rahe ya weakness lage unhe.

Neil: Ok..... And ab Mini khaane se mana nahi kar rahi... to aap agar kisi dietician ka referrence de sake to let her gain weight... Taaki vo strength build up kar paaye....

Dr: Sure... Main referrence de deti hu and main ek detailed analysis bhi de deti hu... Dietician will understand her condition and it will be better to advise her.

Neil: Ok.

.

.

.

Neil came inside the observation room.

Mini was leaned on the tilted fowler bed with closed eyes.

Neil: (caressing her head) Mini...

Mini opened her eyes and looked at him.

Neil: Ab better lag raha hai.

Mini: Hmm... Bahot... Headache nahi hai ab.

Neil: Dietician ke paas chal paogi ya ghar chalke rest karna hai?

Mini: Pehle dietician ke paas chalte hai....

Neil: Ok..

Now she was able to walk, so they walked out of the clinic and Neil took her to the dietician.

The dietician advised a diet plan to her and explained it to Neil.

They returned to the bungalow.

.

.

.

.

At night, after dinner.

Mini went to the lawn, She spread a bedsheet on the grass and lied looking at the night sky. Neil after completing a call came to her. He lied beside her and she kept her head on his shoulder.

Enjoying their silence together, they were looking at the night sky view when the clouds started gathering, so they got up.

Neil: Ab tum theek ho to apne room me rest karogi ya aaj bhi mere saath hi sona hai?... Jisme tumhe comfortable lage....

Mini: Tumhare room me... (trying to explain her point) vo abhi itna...

Neil: (holding her shoulders) Mini... Explanation ki koi zarurat nahi hai... jaisa tumhe comfortable lage bola na... Tum normal hone ki koshish kar rahi ho yahi bahot hai... ekdum se nahi ho jaogi I know... (keeping his hand on her cheek) Jis sense of security aur safety ki abhi zarurat hai tumhe vo feel karti ho tum mere saath yeh main jaanta hu... Tum thodi pareshaan si lag rahi thi isiliye pucha... Don't worry about anything... Trauma chutki me to nahi chala jayega... It's very normal... Relax...

Mini smiled adoring him. Neil kissed on her forehead and they went to the kitchen. Neil lifted her up and made her sit on the kitchen platform. He made a smoothie for her and keeping a straw in it, passed it to Mini. Mini slowly sipped it and finished it as she also knew how much Neil was tensed about her health. 

They went to the room and Neil was setting up the bed while Mini went to the bathroom. 

Mini kept her hands on the washarea and was feeling anxious all of a sudden. She rubbed her chest and opened the tap. She washed her face and tried to calm down herself. She thought to go outside and hug Neil to calm down her anxiousness but then, the bulb of the bathroom started flickering and got off. 

Neil saw the bulb flickering and getting off and it seemed that the bulb had got an issue but then remembered Mini getting panicked due to the darkness and was tensed if it would be still be affecting Mini. 

Neil keeping the hand on the door of the bathroom, felt that the door wasn't latched from inside but he could hear the sound of water.

Neil: Mini?... Tum theek ho?

Mini was already trying hard to deal with her anxiety and this was over her capacity to manage, at least for now. She was not able to breath and as the light went off, her hands restlessly moved to take the support. Everything looked hazy as her eyes were watery and she couldn't contemplate anything, getting a claustrophobic attack.

Mini shivering and trembling badly, breathing heavily and her hands moving to find a support while her eyes were closed. Hearing Neil's words as an echo sound in her ears, she wanted to speak out but again only air came out of her mouth without voice.