279. Arya spills the beans

Arya: (curiously) Preet didi... Aapko Mickey bhaiya ne propose karne pe kya diya?

Preet got startled and red at her question and Mickey coughed.

Mini chuckled while others were surprised at her question.

Preet saw Mini's teasing expressions and obviously being her best friend passed the ball in her basket.

Preet: Pehle tum yeh batao... Tumhari Veerbalika se tumne pucha tha ki Neil ne usko proposal pe kya diya tha?

Mini widened her eyes but thought this question would be avoided as Arya never asked something like that.

Arya: Nahi... Veerbalika se puchne ki zarurat hi nahi padi.... Neil ne hi bata diya tha.

Mini was shocked now.

Mini: Kya bataaya Neil ne?... Tumhari kab baat hui Neil se iss baare me?

Arya: Neil ke birthday pe hi to hui thi... Subah subah... Lawn me... Jab tum dono couch pe baate karte karte so gaye the.... Humne uthaaya tha...

Mini: Accha bas bas.... Theek hai.... Fine.

Mickeet and Bonavi was grinning while Neerja too looked much curious and eager to know more.

Preet grinned at Mini with ab-to-teri-pol-khulni-tay-hai face.

Preet: To Neil ne kya diya Veerbalika ko?

Arya: Uske Dad ne uski maa ko gift ki thi vo vaali paayal.... Bahot sundar hai.

Arya: Tum paayal dikhao na... Kitni sundar to hai.

Vaishnavi: Yes pls...

Preet: Mujhe bhi dekhni hai...

Mini lifted her feet and kept them on the table. Lifting her leggings she let her anklets get visible fully.

Vaishnavi: Wow... It's beautiful.

Mickey: Solid unique banda hai tera.

Bobby: Vo to hai... Kya idea lagaaya hai... paayal di vo bhi Mom ki... Nice....

Neerja: Uncle Aunty ki 20th anniversary wali hai kya?

Mini nodded.

Neerja: You know Uncle ne vo paayal dete waqt kya bola tha?

Mini nodded again with a slight blush reminiscing their proposal night when Neil had already told many such memories reminiscing his childhood.

Vaishnavi: Kya bola tha?

Neerja: So the party had really close friends including my parents too and all close family members and everyone teased Uncle ki aap apni Mrs ko kya gift de rahe ho 20th anniversary pe.... Uncle sat on his one knee beside Aunty and bent even more... Tying the anklets on her feet he said... The sound of these anklets seems the absolute match with your voice my lady... And looking in her eyes he said.... and the same sound will remind you of the promise I had made to you on the day I was decided to be bonded with you for the next seven lives.... Let me say it to you again today.... Agli zindagi kisne dekhi hai... But in this whole life... I will always be yours, be with you, always for you till my last breath. 

Mini was looking at Neil and caressing his sleepy face, smiling remembering his eyes saying the same to her while he made her wear these anklets.

All saw Mini like that and was smiling.

Arya: Matlab?

Mini: (chuckled) Tum badi ho jaogi na... Tab samajh aayega tumhe.... 

Vaishnavi: (to Neerja) Tum bhi to tab lagbhag 12 saal ki hogi.... Tumhe kaise yaad hai?