276. Karwa Chauth

Vaishnavi: (nudging her) Tune vrat rakha hai Karwa Chauth ka?

Mini was about to speak when heard Neil's chuckle.

Neil: (chuckling) Kuch bhi?... Mini kyu vrat rakhegi?...

He sat beside Mini.

Neerja: Tere liye rakhegi na.....

Neil: Kaisi old school baatein kar rahi hai?....

Mini: Kyu?.... Isme kya old school hai?... It's tradition yaar.... Vrat rakha hi jaata hai iss din apne partner ke liye.

Neil looked at Mini in a snap.

Neil: What?

Mini: Kya what?... (Mini turned her face before he could read the mischief in her eyes) Babes bhi rakhti thi.... Har saal.... And tell me... Tumne mujhe dekha aaj subah se kuch khaate hue?... It's obvious.

Preet and Bonavi was also looking at her like is she the same?

Mickey was listening to the discussion while ordering the dinner from all of them. He knew Mini had had her breakfast but Neil wasn't there and understood she is playing a prank on Neil.

Neil's face got a worried frown and disbelief on her words.

Neil: What do you mean... it's obvious?.... Are you mad or what?

Neerja: Isme kya problem hai?.... Mujhe bhi mom ne bola hai rakhne ke liye jabki mera to koi hai bhi nahi... Mini ki life me to tu hai na... Obvious to hai hi... 

Mickey: Ha Neil... Yaar tumhari hone wali mangetar hai yaar... itna to expected hai hi na.

Preet looked at Mickey with a surprised face.

Neil: Preet ne vrat rakha hai?

Mickey held Preet's hand tighter squeezing a little and spoke before she does.

Mickey: Obviously!

Now Preet too understood there is some sort of prank going on. Bonavi too knew Preet didn't had any fast so they too understood that it's a prank as Preet didn't said anything. 

All of them tried to suppress their smiles.

Neil sighed out while trying to remain calm thinking Mini hasn't eaten anything from the morning and he didn't realised it.

Neil: I can't believe tum log sab ke sab aise react kar rahe ho.... (tugged Mini to turn to him but she didn't did) Mini... Look here yaar...

Mini: No I won't.

She straightened her face before her huge smile makes way on her face.

Neil: Mini.... I didn't expect this silly behaviour from you...

He held her by her arms and turned her to him and had a glance of her eyes before she turned away her head and he got suspicious now.

Neil: Ahan... Look at me...

All saw his face expressions changing into a suspicious one.

Mini understood from his tone that he had realised being pranked and turned to him with I-got-caught face.

Neil folded his arms and with his suppressed tilted smile, stared at her.

Neil: (mocking her) I can't believe this.... You are such a prankster!

Mini: Mere prank abhi bhi chalte hai tumpe... Nice...

She chuckled and laughed, hifying with Mickey.

Mickey: To clear out misunderstandings, Preet ne bhi koi fast wagera nahi rakha hai.