214. Traumatic incident part 14

Mini: Main... main bahot dar gayi thi Neil..... saansein ruk gayi thi meri... aisa laga jaise dil ne bhi dhadakna band kar diya ho... Mere...mere gale pe.... mere chehre pe.... mere hothon pe... uski saansein ghot rahi thi mujhe....

Neil wasn't able to breath anymore, no matter how hard he tried but nothing worked, as he was trying to cope up with what she was speaking. His long lost breath was stuck while the pressure he felt in his heart was creating impulses in his head. The temperature of his body rose and he was trying to control his shivers while consoling her.

Mini: Par phir...

FLASHBACK

Mini could feel his lips not even inches apart from hers and yearned for death to reach her before Ritwick does.

When all of a sudden, she felt freed from his grip and heard a thud sound. She could feel her wrists which were tied on top of her, falling down without strength. 

Her strengthless body wasn't in her control. For a sec she even thought whether she's even alive or not. Did she died out of breath or out of pain that she is not feeling captivated anymore. 

She felt herself falling sideways and then a hand supporting her face. The touch was soft and caring as ever. The only touch in the world she wanted to feel. Her love's touch, her man's touch, her Neil's touch.

Her mind was still in dilemma that whether she had died or is dreaming in unconsciousness. Does it happen that a person can dream in unconsciousness or does it happen that even god lets a person feel the things they have last wished for. If it happens then she just wished for feeling herself in Neil's arms for one last time.

There was non sensible thoughts roaming in her mind but then she felt her face getting raised and she heard the only voice she desperately needed to hear. Her Neil's voice.

"Mini..."

She found the courage to open her eyes hoping it not to be a dream. 

She tried to lift her eyelids praying a thousand times in every minisecond that all she wanted to see was Neil. But she could lift her eyelids only half way so she raised her chin. 

Seeing Neil's face in front of her eyes, her uncontrollable tears fell from her eyes and the vision got blur. But she felt Neil was still sitting in front of her and was contented with just a glance of him.

She could feel the satisfaction to even die in his arms would be most peaceful and safer than anything else in this world for her. 

As her tears found their way to leave her eyes and trailed on her cheeks, she could see him again.  

Neil: Breath in... pls...

Mindlessly she agreed his words. She gasped and pulled a breath in while looking at him. 

He delicately untied her injured hands and wrapped her dupatta around her, covering her body.

Seeing Neil's teary eyes not moving away from her helpless ones, in that single sec, she felt maybe she can still live. Maybe she doesn't need to die. Maybe only getting unconscious in Neil's arms could relieve her pain. Maybe Neil could save her from dying of pain too like he saved her from dying of disgust.