Chapter 2

Y/N POV

"Tony! You have some explaining to do!" I screamed into my phone once I got back to the hotel that I was staying in Korea.

"Y/n, what do you mean? It's a good change for you. You were a fantastic fighter and I know you didn't want to get out of the life but we really had no other choice. I thought being a body guard would be a great option for you." Tony my manager and best friend responded back to me with a shrug. I was currently FaceTiming him to figure out what the hell was going on.

"I don't mind the job but I'm trying to figure out why a Korean girl group? Especially BLACKPINK?" I was trying to stay calm while having my eyes closed and rubbing the bridge of my scrunched up nose.

"What's wrong with Blackpink? They are one of the biggest girl groups ever. That means there will be a lot of work for you. With the traveling, the shows, the fan signing. You will be busy, always on the go, always something to do. You like staying busy. It keeps you from spiraling from your own thoughts." Tony responded back with a confused tone.

"She is in the group....." I responded in a soft tone finally dropping the hand that was rubbing my nose and letting my head hang down.

"WHAT!?!?! Y/N!?!?!? You didn't tell me she was a Korean pop idol!" It was now Tony's turn to scream at me. It kind of took me back that I lifted my head up to look at the screen to really make sure it was Tony screaming.

"I didn't know she was. In all honesty with you. I didn't know where she was or what she was doing at all. I don't keep up with all of these things. You know that." I said defeated.

"Y/N, it's been years. I am sure you can keep to professional. Plus... " Tony started trailing off. "... you should have gotten over it already. It's not like she kept reappearing in your life. It's a scar from your past and it should have healed by now. Get over it and do your job. I'm trying to tell you as your manager and as your best friend. It's been more than enough time. You need to get over it." Tony spoke knowing that the truth hurts but it needed to be said.

"I know. Tony. I know. But, looking at her today. Seeing her today all the emotions came back. She even walked out of the door the same way she did years before. Without any explanation she just left. It seemed like the past always finds a way back to you." I responded with my head now starting to hang low again trying to get my gaze away from the phone.

"Y/N, listen. You will be fine. Trust that you will be fine. You have healed and you can do this. Plus, you know you can always call me if something goes wrong. I really didn't know she was in the group but I do know that you are strong and you can do anything." Tony's voice was also weak but he was trying to be strong for you. I just nodded my head.

"Fine. It was just a shock you know. The girl that got away just shows up out of no where." I shrugged while saying. Tony and I were able to talk a little more before we finally finished the conversation and hung up. After the call I got ready for bed because tomorrow is going to be an interesting day.

Rose. Chaeyoung. What are you going to do to me? Why does it have to be you? Why didn't you just tell me that you were leaving to become a Kpop idol? I would have understood. I would have been okay with you leaving. I wouldn't have held you back. I would have fully supported you. Why didn't you just tell me? All of these things were spiraling in my mind while drifting off to sleep.

Rose POV

Y/N. Out of all the people in the world. Out of all the body guards in the world. Y/N would be our new bodyguard. It's not like I haven't kept tabs on her here and there. I knew she was a fighter and just recently got hurt, like bad hurt that my heart hurt seeing those pictures of her in the hospital. But nobody really said that it would be career ending but I guess it was because she is here. She is back in my life. Not just back in my personal life but now in my work life. This is crazy.