II: Klaus

"Where is he going?" Katherine asked, turning around with a coffee cup in her hand. 

"To retrieve me." Klaus stated still in Alaric's body, "So I can get out of this bad hair cut." 

"Are you sure that's a good idea Klaus?" Katherine asked sitting down in front of him. 

"Well the fool moon is upon us." He stared and Katherine rolled her eyes. "I killed the witch, I have the moon stone and the doppelgänger is waiting in the wing." He breathed out, "Oh I am so ready to break this curse."

"And why would you try to do that here? There are so many people who try to stop you. Briana for starters. She is annoyingly protective over all of them." Katherine smirked slightly taking a sip from her coffee cup. 

She knew Klaus would be drawn to the Forbes girl. She was brunette, beautiful, strong. She was his type. 

"Because I have to." Klaus responded ignoring the Briana part of the comment. "It's the birth place of the doppelgänger. 

Katherine shifted uncomfortably, "Didn't know that was a requirement." 

"Well how could you? You betrayed me and fled England before I could give you the details Katerina." He moved towards her. 

Grabbing Katherine softly her eyes met his, "But I did find your birth place. And I slaughtered your family. I suppose that makes us cool." He said brushing her hair behind her ears. Katherine looked away and shifted uncomfortably. 

"Let's just hope Elena isn't as stupid as you are." He walked towards the door.

"She won't run. She'll die before she lets anyone that she loves get hurt. And Briana will die before she lets Elena." Katherine turned towards him trying to get any insight towards his feelings for Briana. If she could find his weakness, she could use it against him. 

"And that's exactly what I'm counting on." He said. Katherine pulled a confused face. She knew he was struck by Briana. She could tell, but Klaus was smart. He had just gotten to town. He couldn't reveal all his secrets at once. 

He compelled Katherine to stay put while he was gone as he walked out of the apartment. He sighed after closing the door. Images of Briana playing in his mind. 

------------

Briana groaned rolling over in bed as her cellphone rang throughout her bedroom. She looked at the caller ID and gagged before answering, "What could you possibly want at such an outrageous hour?" She scoffed through the phone. 

"Well good morning to you too sunshine. We have a problem." Damon's voice sounded through the speaker. 

"The problem being you called me at.." Briana looked at the clock. "9 am. Seriously Damon? I don't even like talking to you during business hours." Briana groaned stretching in her bed. 

She could practically see Damon rolling his eyes on the other side of the phone, "Elena's gone. She's somewhere with Elijah but won-" he started.

"Wait. Elijah as in the creepy corpse you keep in your basement?" Briana sat up. 

"He's not a corpse, he was daggered. Which Elena has taken upon herself to remove." He voiced. Briana rolled her eyes. I mean seriously Elena? 

"Anyways she's somewhere with him. She won't tell us where so I was thinking maybe you could get through to her. She seems to like against her better judgment." 

Briana rolled her eyes, "You know insulting me doesn't make me want to help you. You're lucky I love that girl like a sister. I'll let you know what I can find out." Briana hung up immediately.