XXX: We All Go a Little Mad Sometimes

After hours of waiting for Klaus to come home, Briana finally admitted defeat and decided to go to bed, or at least she tried. She spent most of the night tossing and turning worrying about what could have happened to him. What would've kept him from coming home to her? And as her mind raced through every scenario she could conspire, she refused to acknowledge her worst fear: maybe he didn't come home to her because he didn't want to. 

As she stirred awake the next morning in Klaus' bed, she tentatively rose and examined the mansion for any sign of him. There was none. She was about to call him when she pulled out her phone to see she had a message from an unknown number. All it read was: Klaus is here. 

Briana furrowed her brow as she clicked the notification open on her phone, trying to decipher who was contacting and where 'here' could be. As she was about to respond another message from the same number came in: Oh, it's Hayley by the way. 

Briana, now furious, knew exactly where Klaus was and quickly sped to the Lockwood estate. 

------------------

"You're still going?" Tyler Lockwood asked walking into the living room of his home to see Hayley, Chris and a group of other hybrids pouring shots, "I drank enough last night. And then I slept, which is what you guys should have done." 

"We're just paying our respects to Dean." Chris said with a shot in his hand. 

"That's great Chris, but would you pay them at a bar instead?" Tyler spoke. 

"Don't be mad." Hayley spoke standing from her seat, "We're celebrating our fallen hybrid friend." She spoke as she poured some of her shot in Tyler's mouth, wiping the excessive with her thumb. 

As she looked away from the Lockwood's face she saw Klaus leaning up against the doorway, a bottle in his hand, "Well don't let me interrupt." He spoke deviously. 

"I didn't know you were here." Tyler spoke as Klaus shoved past him, "Clearly." He said taking a swig from the bottle in his hands. 

"I just popped round to celebrate Dean's successful retrieval of the vampire hunter. Yet when I arrived, I learned that not only was Dean unsuccessful, but that Elena killed the hunter." Klaus explained with irritation for the incompetence of his hybrids coating his voice. 

"Well maybe if you had let Dean use force on Conner instead of sending him in on a suicide mission." Hayley sneered at the Mikaelson. 

"Maybe you should mind your business wolf girl." Klaus fired back. 

Hayley scoffed and rolled her eyes, it was a look Klaus knew all too well, just coming from a different fiesta brunette werewolf. His demeanor softened as he thought about Briana. He knew he needed to talk to her. 

"What do you care if Conner's dead anyways?" Tyler inquired. 

Klaus sneered back, "I have my reasons.." 

As the words left his lips there was an aggressive knock coming from the front door. Tyler looked around the room suspiciously not knowing who it could be as he went to open it. 

"And as I imagine here comes one of those reasons now.." Tyler said as he peered through the window and saw Briana's silhouette. 

"Where is he?" Briana demanded angrily as Tyler opened the door. He stepped aside as she quickly stepped through the threshold, Tyler motioning to the room beside him. 

Klaus lowered the bottle from his lips upon hearing Briana's agitated voice, choking slightly on the liquor. 

Briana stood across from her boyfriend with her arms crossed over her chest and a less than amused look on her face.