XXXV: Catch Me If You Can

The sunlight crept through the cabin window the next morning causing Briana to stir awake. It was much too early for her liking as she noticed through foggy eyes the sun was just starting to rise. She rolled over to see Klaus fully sitting up, his finger tips lightly stroking her bar shoulder. 

"We're you watching me sleep?" Briana questioned groggily as she snuggled into his side, propping her head up on his chest to look into his eyes. 

Klaus shrugged with a playful grin, "Maybe a little bit. You were so peaceful and... quiet." Klaus joked with a wide smile. 

Briana scoffed jokingly as she playfully hit him in the chest, "Hey!" 

Klaus chuckled at her response, his smile growing as her's did. His eyes never leaving her. Like he was taking in every second. The feeling of pure bliss being in her company. 

Briana noticed he continued to stare in admiration as she propped herself up on her elbow, "You know I would say, take a picture it will last longer, but since we have forever..." She trailed with a smile as she leaned up to meet his lips. 

"Forever, indeed." She spoke lowly, her voice deepening with love and lust. 

Briana's hands immediately found their way into Klaus hair, tugging at it slightly as their kiss deepened. Klaus rolling Briana on her back as he towered over her. 

Briana's phone buzzed from the table beside her. She groaned pulling away from Klaus' lips to reach for it. He continued pressing soft kisses down her neck as she opened a text from Damon filling her in on Klaus' latest quest for the cure. Briana rolled her eyes upon reading that after she fell asleep Klaus snuck out to turn a bunch of bar flies just for Jeremy to kill them, and now he compelled them to go after Matt. 

Briana placed her phone back on the table and let out an annoyed sigh. Klaus stopped kissing her neck realizing her sudden change in behavior. 

"What's wrong?" He questioned with concern lacing his voice. 

Briana looked towards him with a stern tone, "Do you want to tell me what you did last night after I fell asleep or should I tell you what I already know?" She spoke with irritation as she stood, collecting her clothes from the floor and putting them on. 

"I take it Damon told you.." Klaus spoke knowingly. Briana placed her hands on her hips giving him an annoyed look, waiting for an explanation, or excuse. 

Klaus sighed, "I did what needed to be done to find the cure. Jeremy needs to kill vampires to reveal the map. It was an act of service." 

Briana rolled her eyes, "You can not possibly believe that." She spoke as she put her shoes on. 

Klaus shrugged with a smug grin. He didn't care who needed to die to find the cure. He wanted the cure more than ever, and he wanted it now. His expression turned to confusion as he watched Briana make her way toward the door of the bedroom. 

"Where are you?" He questioned from the bed, "We we're just getting to the good part." He smirked. 

Briana turned around with an annoyed look, "Per usual Nik, I'm going to clean up the mess you made." She spoke as she made her way out of the cabin and down the street to the Gilbert house. 

--------------------

Elena stood in the Gilbert cabin living room with Damon, Jeremy and Matt devising a plan to stop the compelled vampires. 

"He killed someone!" Elena told Damon, upset by the night's event's and Jeremy's involvement, "These were innocent people."