IV: The Sun Also Rises

The flames light up the woods and the night sky as Briana ran towards them. She knew it was dumb. She was human. How was she supposed to stop some ancient vampire bonding ritual? But somehow she didn't care. Elena was a child. She had so much left of her life to live. Briana was determined to stop Klaus, no matter what it takes. 

As Briana made her way around the trees all she say was flames as her ears filled with Elena's screams. 

"Jenna no!" Elena yelled, surrounded in a circle of fire. Briana ran towards them to see Jenna, veins coming from her eyes, drinking the blood of Klaus' witch. 

"Jenna!" Briana screamed trying to run towards her, but with the lift of a hand the witch sent her flying backwards. She quickly dusted herself off and tried to release Jenna from the witch's grip, but she was too late. Jenna's transition was complete. 

Elena looked down at her aunt, tears filled her eyes trying to reassure Jenna she would be okay. Briana couldn't help but feel her eyes start to water. 

"Elena." Briana stuttered, "How?" She asked as her voice broke. 

"It was Klaus." Elena cried. The two just looked at each other with eyes full of a mix between sorrow and fear. 

Jenna looked towards her niece, "Am I gonna die aren't I?" She choked out. 

"No!" Elena protested. Briana stayed silent. As much as she wanted to find a way for everyone to make it out of this mess alive, her hope was dwindling fast. 

"I'm not gonna let that happen Jenna." Elena said confidently shooting Briana a look. 

Briana slightly nodded, "No matter what we have to do." She stated trying to put the new vampire's mind at ease. 

The sound of a female's pained groans filled the air as the three girls turned their heads in that direction. 

"Jules." Briana breathed recognizing the werewolf as suddenly she was thrown in her own circle of fire. 

Greta, the witch, grabbed Briana by the arm and pulled her away from the flames without a word. She stood on the outskirts as she saw three women in three circles. Klaus had everything he needed. 

"Greta, witches are supposed to maintain the balance of power. It's your duty to them." Elena pleaded with the witch. 

"My duty is to Klaus." She responded. "The new order." 

"Oh screw Klaus come on Greta. You know this wrong. They don't deserve to die." Briana protested looking at the witch when suddenly Klaus appeared from behind her. 

"I do wish you weren't caught up in this love. " He said looking at Briana who looked back at him with anger and sadness. Her eyes pleading with him to let Elena and Jenna go. He shook his face away from her gaze,

He looked between the wolf, vampire and doppelgänger, "Are we ready?" 

"Klaus." Briana started. "Please." She begged. Her eyes filled with tears as her voice broke. 

He walked towards the brunette. She looked up at him with pleading eyes and he brushed a piece of hair behind her ear. A soft smile crept on to his face, "I am sorry love. I do hope that one day you'll forgive me." She heard him say softly before everything went dark

-----------

Briana stirred away with a throbbing pain in her head. She was placed on a rock near the quarry. She tripped getting up as she heard Elena's sobs. As she stood she saw Klaus with Jenna in his arms, stake placed just outside her chest.