XX: All My Children

The sun crept through the drapes of Klaus' art room the next morning as Briana stirred awake. Her head resting softly on Klaus bare chest, his arm draped around her. Their legs intertwined under the soft sheet. 

Briana's eyes slowly opened but she didn't move. She titled her head slightly so she could see Klaus' face to find him still asleep. She couldn't help but smile. 

The stillness of this moment. The sunlight hitting them perfectly as they laid wrapped in one another's love. She was taking it all in. She would hold on to the happiness she felt in this moment for years to come. 

Her eyes were fixated on Klaus. She watched as his lip slightly quivered as his chest moved up and down with each breath he took. She was in awe of him. The man he is today had already come so far from the man she met months ago. 

He was open and honest. Vulnerable and sincere. Their connection was something like she had never felt before. 

"You're staring." Klaus spoke in his groggy morning voice. Briana felt her cheeks get warm as the hybrid slowly opened his eyes to see the brunette looking up at him. 

"I prefer the term admiring." She giggled playfully. Both their smiles widened as Klaus pulled her closer to him. 

He placed a soft kiss to her forehead as she stared up at him. He then moved to her lips kissing them softly. 

The feeling of the kiss lingered on Briana lips as he pulled away, causing Klaus to grin. 

Briana snuggled back into his chest, "I could do this all day." She spoke softly. 

"As much as I'd like to, we can't." Klaus said sitting up slightly, causing Briana to also sit up. 

"I bet I could convince you." Briana spoke flirtatiously, her eyes on his lips as she bit hers to conceal her smirk. 

The only way Klaus could control himself, was to get up. So he did, but Briana was determined to follow. 

Klaus walked over to the drapes and opened them slightly. As he felt the warmness from the sun touch his bare skin, he also felt the touch of the women he loved as she wrapped her arms around his torso from behind. 

Klaus tried to stay strong, "You know you have a long day today." Klaus spoke sternly, as he turned to face her, her hands and eyes slowly trailing down his stomach. 

"Shhh" She insisted, inching closer to him, "Let's not talk about that right now." Briana spoke. 

She knew that Klaus was referencing the full moon tonight. It would be Briana's first transformation and she was scared beyond belief. In true Briana fashion, like everything in her life that causes her pain, she chooses to ignore it and believe it is not really happening until she absolutely has to. 

Klaus knew this and he had been trying to settle her nerves for the better part of 2 weeks. He promised he would be there with her though the entire thing. 

Briana leaned up and kissed Klaus passionately, slightly bitting on his lower lips. A small grunt escaped his lips as they pulled apart. 

Briana gave him a seductive look with a raised eyebrow, before she could blink, he had sped them back to the couch. One, or maybe three, more rounds wasn't going to kill them. 

--------------

Briana sat on the couch in the Mikaelson mansion living room with her legs draped across Klaus' lap while he drew in his sketchbook. She played with the sleeves of Klaus' henley that adorned her.