XL: Bring It On

Klaus paced back and forth throughout the Mikaelson living room as his paranoia crept in with each step. His mind thought back to Kol, and the fear he had about Silas. Now Klaus understood what his brother was afraid of. In a millennium, the Mikaelson family had made countless enemies, no less killing most, if not all of them, if Silas destroys the other side so he can find peace, all of them would be back walking the face of the earth, or rather hunting the Mikaelson to their end. 

"What do you mean she's going to drop the veil?" Klaus questioned lowly still in disbelief. 

Briana sighed in frustration, "Professor Shane has Bonnie's head all messed up. He convinced her of all the people she could bring back if she drops the veil, but it's not just one or some. Every supernatural creature that is over there would come back to life." 

Klaus paused in his track as he lifted his head with a perplexed expression from his hand. His solemn eyes met Briana's. He was disappointed knowing that she was right, he needed to let Katherine go. His focus right now needed to be to stop Bonnie. 

Briana was worried. Deep down she was frustrated. One moment they were looking at their forever together, and the next something was in their way. It was the story of their relationship. They fought and they fought but there was always some sort of overlying circumstance that would get between them. 

"I know how badly you wanted this cure. I did too, but we have to let her go and shift our focus to stopping Bonnie or we can kiss forever goodbye." Briana said quietly as she walked towards Klaus, holding his face in her palm. 

Klaus looked down thinking about their future. Just a few hours ago it was in reach, and it all slipped away in minutes. He grabbed Briana's hand that rested on his face and held it in his own. He's never leaving their intertwined fingers. 

"It appears we already have." He spoke softly with despair in his voice. 

Briana furrowed her brow slightly as she removed her hand from his and used it to lift his chin, forcing Klaus to meet her gaze. 

"Who said that?" She asked rhetorically but she could never be more serious. Klaus was stunned by the confident tone in her voice. 

In his mind, the cure was gone, meaning Elena would remain a vampire, the Petrova line would end with her, and there would never be a way to sire hybrids, but Briana believed something completely different. Call her naive, but she believed that love would always find a way. Being with Klaus taught her that. 

"Just because the cure is gone, doesn't mean we can't find another way." Briana said confidently in a low, loving tone. 

"There is no other way." Klaus spoke coldly. He hated that this was their truth, but it was. They were lucky enough to find this loophole, how were they supposed to find another one in this lifetime? 

"I don't believe that." Briana shook her head. Her composure was never more put together. Her confidence never faltered. 

Klaus looked at her with confusion and anticipation. How could Briana possibly still have faith? Everything in the universe was telling them no, but she wasn't going to give up. 

"Nik, you've been around long enough to know that there is always another way. Somewhere written in some forgotten language in some buried city, it's there." Briana spoke confidently with a soft smile. 

Klaus watched her intently as she spoke with such positive. He mentally added it to the list of things he loved most about her, her ability to stay positive when the entire world is telling you something shouldn't be. Her determination to get everything she wants. He couldn't help but feel the corners of his lips turn upwards.