V: As I Lay Dying

Briana sauntered down the stairs to the Salvatore basement. A pissed off look on her face. 

"Finally come to your senses and come to say goodbye Stefan?" Damon asked as he laid on the cement floor of the cell where Stefan had locked him in after he tried to burn himself to death.

"Not quite." Briana said as she made her way to the cell door. Damon rose to his feet and his made his way to the door, still behind the bars. 

"I'm here to make sure you don't try burning your self alive.. again." Briana sneered, her brows arched. 

"Save me the lecture, I'm dying anyways." Damon said moving back into the cell.

Briana scoffed, "Seriously?! We tend to always find a way to make it out of live or death situations. Have a little faith. Stefan is out working with Bonnie to find a cure as we speak."  

"The miracle cure that doesn't exist. My faith is restored." Damon said sarcastically, his back to Briana while she rolled her eyes. 

"You have two options here. One, you can stand there all mopey and continue to fight with me, or two, you we can talk while we wait for Stefan and maybe I'll even give you some of this." Briana said holding up a bottle of bourbon waving in his eyesight. 

She opened the bottle taking a long drink, "The choice is yours." She smirked wiping her mouth. 

Almost on queue, Damon started groaning in pain and dropped to his knees. 

"Damon!" She yelled slightly about to open the door. 

"No." He groaned out. "I'm fine." He pulled up his sleeve to reveal the werewolf bite that had gotten progressively worse. "Just haunted by the ghost of my past." He said his voice full of pain. 

Briana was about to ask what he meant when her phone started to ring. She looked down to see Stefan's name flashing across her screen. 

"Did you find something?" she asked without a greeting as she placed the phone to ear walking back up the stairs. 

"Maybe. I need to see Klaus." Stefan replied nervously. "How is he?" He asked. 

"It's getting worse." Briana sighed running her hands through her hair. 

"Stay with him. I'm on my way to find Klaus now." Stefan said steadily though the phone as Briana paced in the Salvatore living room. 

"I'm coming with you." She spoke confidently. 

"Bri-" Stefan started 

"Stefan no. We already know he has some weird type of affection towards me. I can help." She stopped pacing and heard Stefan breathe out. 

"Fine." He gave in as Briana hung up the phone and made her way to Alaric's apartment. 

------------

Briana met Stefan outside the apartment as they walked in together to see Katherine still trapped inside. 

"Hello Katherine." Stefan started with a sigh

"Two days I've been waiting. I'm supposed to be free of Klaus' compulsion by now. He's supposed to be dead." She stood from her chair and paced towards Stefan and Briana. 

"There was some.. complications." Briana replied. 

"Complications?" Katherine asked annoyed. 

"It doesn't matter. I have to find him, do you have any idea where he might be?" Stefan asked stepping towards the older vampire.