XVIII: Bringing Out the Dead

"So let me get this straight--" Briana started as she walked down the hospital hallway with her Caroline, "Tyler lost control mid transformation and attacked dad but then Ric's doctor girlfriend healed him with vampire blood?" Briana questioned, not realizing the series of events she missed last night. 

"Yes Briana for the 400th time that is exactly what happened." Caroline complained. Briana could sense the nervousness in her voice anticipating seeing her father for the first tine since the events.

The door girls stopped as they approached the waiting room to be met with Meredith Fell. 

"You must be Caroline." The doctor looked towards the blonde. 

Caroline smiled nicely, "Yes, hi, and this is my sister Briana." Caroline motioned towards the werewolf. Briana gave the doctor a soft smile. 

"Elena told me that you helped out our dad.." Caroline lowered her voice. 

Meredith examined her surroundings, careful to watch her description of Bill Forbes' treatment. 

"Yes, I did. Do you think you can get him to be a little more grateful? He spent that half the night threatening to get my medical license revoked." The doctor huffed in irritation. 

Briana crossed her arms over her chest and scoffed, "Of course he did. The man's heart was barely beating and he was still trying to ruin someone else's life." 

Meredith looked at Briana confused. She sensed that the brunette, clearly, did not have a good relationship with her father. 

Caroline elbowed Briana who shot her sister an annoyed look, "Yeah, sorry our dad is a little uh set in his ways. He spent his whole life hating vampires." 

"So he's not thrilled that vampire blood is what healed him, yeah he made that clear." Meredith quietly snapped. Caroline had a taken back expression on her face while Briana's look was full of justification. 

"I'm sorry." Meredith apologized when she noticed Caroline's discomfort, "my bedside manner sucks on no sleep." She smiled innocently as she walked away from the two girls. 

Caroline immediately turned around to follow the young doctor, "So can we take him home?" She asked. 

Meredith gave both girls a confused look, "I signed his discharge papers late last night, mostly just to shut him up." She confessed. 

"Oh well we tried. Thank you for your time." Briana spoke sarcastically as she turned to exit the hospital only to be stopped by Caroline pulling her by the arm back into the conversation. 

"When you find him-" Meredith looked between the sisters, "tell you dad I said you're welcome." And with that, she walked away. 

"Well she was nice. I can see why Ric likes her." Briana spoke nonchalantly, pulling out her phone to check her text messages, as the two made their way back down the hallway.

"I can't believe Dad didn't even call to say goodbye before leaving down." Caroline spoke sadly as she dialed her father's phone number. 

Briana rolled her eyes, out of Caroline's view, as she responded to Klaus' text asking what she was up to today, "I mean is it really that surprising?" Briana asked sarcastically only to be shushed by her sister. 

Caroline stopped her tracks and lowered the phone from her ear. 

"What?" Briana questioned

"I hear dad's phone." Caroline spoke just above a whisper as she focused on the direction of the noise. 

She slowly walked over to a supply room, the phone's ring tone barely audible outside the door. 

The sister's cautiously made their way inside as the sound got louder. As they peaked around a rack stocked with medical equipment, their eyes met Bill Forbes' lifeless body. He was leaning against a shelve, a hunting knife embedded in his chest.