XXI: The Murder of One

A couple of days have passed since the full moon and Briana's first transformation. Within those days, no surprise, has been pure chaos. 

Rebekah discovered that there was another white oak tree that grew 300 years after the Mikaelson family fled to the old word, meaning there was more white oak in Mystic Falls that could kill them. Since then, the blonde original had stopped at nothing to figure out where the wood from that tree is based on the old Salvatore logging mills. 

The group had also discovered that Alaric Saltzman was feeling negative affects of his Gilbert ring and was responsible for the murders of the council members, including Bill Forbes, unbeknownst to Caroline and Briana. Damon and Stefan discovered this with the help of their old friend Sage from 1912. 

Klaus' main focus has been finding a way to unlink all of the Mikaelson siblings, especially with the possible of more white oak getting into the wrong hands. What happens to one original, happens to all. 

He was also hellbent on keeping Briana out of all of this, much to her dismay. Klaus knew that Briana was in tough position. Her best friends and sister were out to kill her boyfriend and his family, which was so slowly becoming like family to her. He wanted to keep her far away from the entire situation as she could be used against him. 

Briana had begged Klaus to let her help him. Quite frankly, she was bored. Everyone was out plotting and scheming and she was instructed to stay away from it all, which she hated. Klaus kept her occupied every free minute he had. He set aside time for her every day. During that time they would talk, Briana would beg Klaus to let her help, or at the very least, fill her in on his latest plan of attack, and have lots of sex. Repeat. 

It had been a little over a week of this and Briana was growing restless. She spent most of her nights at Klaus' mansion and last night was no different. 

When Briana awoke, she rolled over to see Klaus' side of the bed was empty. She sighed knowing he was off on his latest scheme, without her. As she sat up she pulled one of his Henleys off the ground and pulled it over her head. 

Klaus entered the room just as she was getting out of bed. 

"Good morning Sweetheart." He spoke softly as he pecked at her lips. She responded with a less than enthusiastic kiss.

"And where are you off to this early?" She questioned sassily. Her arms crossed over her chest with a furrow brow. 

"It's almost 10 oclock." Klaus responded, completely ignoring her question. 

She raised a brow at him, "What's your point?" She questioned in all seriousness. What can she say? Briana has NEVER been a morning person. 

He chuckled lowly. Briana stood with her brow still raised, curious on where he was going. 

"I only need one more thing for my witch to undo this linking spell my mother has cast. I'm off to fetch it." He said confidently. 

Briana perked up at the mention of going somewhere, "Please let me come with you." She begged stepped closer to him, wrapping her arms around his neck. 

"Briana." He spoke quietly but with a stern voice. 

"Nik please! I am so bored here." She protested. He rolled his eyes. 

"You know I want to keep you as far away from this mess and my mother as possible." He fought back. 

"I can take care of myself." Briana protested, crossing her arms over her chest. 

"We've been over this, love. It has nothing to do with you it has to do with my--" He started as she finished his thought. 

"Your family will try to use me against you. Yeah I know." She finished, complaining as she rolled her eyes.