XXXIV: After School Special

Briana needed a break. Hayley was gone, Rebekah was daggered in a box, Klaus went on a murder spree, and Caroline was planning to put Klaus down, again, behind her back. There was only one person left in Briana's inner circle: Damon, who was running vampire hunter bootcamp at the Gilbert lake house. 

So when Briana couldn't sleep, she got in her car and drove through the night. The drive helped clear her mind. There was no one on the road. It was relaxing and peaceful. By the time she arrived it was 4 o'clock in the morning, and Damon was beyond stunned to see her. The two didn't speak when she arrived, they didn't need to. Damon could tell by the look in her eyes there was something weighing on her mind and her heart. He knew they would have a long, deep talk, but not before she got some sleep. 

Damon directed Briana to one of the empty bedrooms. Grabbing her extra blankets and pillows. She silently thanked him as he gave her a soft smile and left the room. The drive had eased Briana's mind enough where she could finally sleep, and she did. 

When she woke up the next day, Briana noticed it was already well past noon. She made her way outside to see Jeremy training with Matt as Damon paced on the pier, his phone pressed to his ear. 

"Did you see that?" Jeremy asked Damon, noticing the vampire's cold expression with his arms crossed over his chest. 

"Couldn't miss it. It was in slow motion." Damon spoke harshly. 

"Well then teach us something useful. We've been here for days and all you've done is bark orders." Jeremy spoke with irritation in his voice. 

"Ah I see bootcamp is going well." Briana said sarcastically as she stepped outside. All three men turned their attention towards her. Matt and Jeremy shocked to see the brunette werewolf. 

Damon rolled his eyes at Briana's remark as he grabbed a stake from the patio table, "Okay take a seat on the bench quarterback." 

Matt looked to Jeremy with concern in his eyes and voice, "Jeremy, you're not ready for this." 

Damon tossed the Jeremy the stake. He taunted the young hunter. Jeremy sped towards Damon trying to take him down, but he wasn't strong enough. Damon quickly sped Jeremy around holding him tightly in his grip. His hand pressed against his neck. 

"Now all I have to do is apply a little pressure right here." Damon said squeezing the Gilbert boy's neck. Jeremy struggling to breathe. 

Briana rolled her eyes as Matt stood with a 'I told you so' expression. 

"Really? Again?" Damon questioned with annoyance as the pizza delivery truck pulled up for must have been the 3rd time this week. Jeremy tapped out of his hold, Damon reluctantly letting him go. 

"Double pepperoni three days in a row. Do you guys eat anything else?" The blonde delivery girl asked cheerfully as she approached the group. 

"Why? Are you offering?" Damon asked with raised eyebrows. Briana nudged him in the side with her elbow. 

"Ignore him." She smiled sweetly at the young girl, grabbing the pizza from her hands, eyeing Damon to pay. 

Damon rolled his eyes before handing the girl a stack of cash, "Here's a little extra to stop the pizza pipeline for a couple days. No matter how much they beg don't come back." 

The blonde looked back towards Matt and Jeremy with a smile, "Sorry guys." 

Both boys were defeated. "You're gonna starve us now?" Jeremy asked Damon. 

"No he's--" Briana tried to intervene but Damon cut her off, "If that's what it takes to make you a hunter." 

"Now, run around the lake.. twice." Damon instructed. Jeremy rolled his eyes before complying, "Keep him company." Damon instructed Matt.