XII: Ghost World

"Hey! We're not done talking about this!" Briana yelled as she followed Damon into the living room of the Salvatore Boarding House, slamming the door behind her. 

"What the hell do you mean you're going to kill Klaus? He's an original isn't killing him like impossible?" Briana questioned throwing her hands to her hips. 

Damon pressed a hand the bridge of his nose, pinching it in irritation as he turned to face the feisty brunette. 

"Well if we're being specific I'm not going to be the one to kill him, but I found someone who can." Damon turned to face her and was met with her confused look. 

"Who even has the means to kill him? I mean he's the strongest supernatural creature on the earth." Briana asked as she begin to pace. She hadn't even noticed what she was doing but she start biting at her nails out of nerves. 

"I know an evil slut vampire who knows a guy." Damon said jokingly, Briana rolled her eyes. 

"Katherine. Of course. Who's this "guy?" Briana asked annoyed. 

Damon rolled his eyes as he began rolling up the rug Stefan's lunch had stained earlier in the day, "Don't worry about it. The less you know the better. I shouldn't have even told you." He responded bitterly causing Briana to stop in her tracks. 

"Well then why did you tell me?!" Briana exclaimed. She could feel her anger rising. She tried her best to stay calm. 

"Because I know for some insane reason you care about him. Why? I have no idea. I mean never mind the fact that the guy is a proven psychopath, but he also left you here without so much as a goodbye." Damon scoffed, he would never admit it to her, but he knew Briana was too good for Klaus. He knew by doing this he wouldn't only be protecting Elena, he would free Briana from whatever hold the hybrid had on her. 

Briana refused to admit that Klaus abruptly leaving town affected her. Even though they weren't on the best of terms, they both cared too deeply about one another to leave without saying goodbye.

"So you know I care about him and yet you're still going to go through with this? And probably without telling me." Briana crossed her arms over her chest, in that moment, she saw red. 

"What the hell does this guy have on you? He's a monster." Damon said as if it was nothing, but Briana snapped. 

"He doesn't deserve to die Damon." Briana spat through gritted teeth. She had so much she wanted to say, or yell, but she refrained knowing if things got physical, she wouldn't stand a chance. 

"Neither did Jenna-" Damon started but Briana lost it. Before she knew it, her hand slapped Damon across the face. Her face seething with anger. 

Damon angrily grabbed a hold of Briana's shoulders and vamp sped her up against the closest wall. The both of them looking at each other with daggers. If looks could kill, they'd both be dead. 

Before either one of them could make a move a vase from across the room randomly fell off the table, smashing all over the floor. Damon released his grip from Briana's shoulders shooting her a confused look, motioning for him to stay behind him for protection, but Briana's still seething in anger. The low blow and mention of Jenna's death hit her harder than she could have imagined.

"You're little plan is never going to work." Briana pushed past Damon making sure to hit his shoulder with hers as she made her way to the door. His face twisted in confusion, "And whatever the hell that was." She spoke referring to the vase. "Figure it out yourself." 

---------------