XXXII: We'll Always Have Bourbon Street

Since Klaus' cure, hybrid proposal gesture, Briana's been spending more nights at her own house instead of staying with Klaus. Something about it felt wrong. Like her constantly being there was giving him false hope that she would transition, and while she still hasn't made up her mind, the last thing she wanted to do was get his hopes up, but damn did she miss him. 

She wanted nothing more to sleep in his arms where she felt safe and protected, but her head was telling her to stay away. Briana wasn't the only person who was spending more nights at the Forbes house. Stefan had showed up late last night in need of a place today since Elena was staying at the Salvatore house until Jeremy could get his hunter instincts under control. 

The sound of the muffled voices of Stefan and Caroline echoed through the upstairs of the Forbes house. Briana stirred awake as the volume increased, rubbing the sleep from her eyes. 

As Briana made her way down the stairs, the content of Caroline and Stefan's conversation became more clear. 

"A vampire sired to another vampire is one in a million. Maybe it won't affect her the same way." Briana heard Stefan say from around the corner. 

"We already know it's affecting her. She's become Damon's lapdog. Everything he says, she agrees with. Everything he asks her to do, she does." Caroline immediately rebut. 

Briana threw her head back in thought. She couldn't help but factor how the sire bond is affecting Elena and Damon into her own situation. It's already been proven that hybrids are sired to Klaus, and even the though the bond can be broken, what if that the repercussions where different when feelings were involved? 

Klaus sired his hybrids with no choice in the matter. They were driven by anger and hatred, whereas Briana would be love. It had been a thought that was lingering the back of her mind. 

"We need to do something." Caroline spoke, Briana still in the other room, "I need to talk to Tyler maybe he knows something." 

"Fine. Talk to Tyler but please don't tell anyone else. If this is true--" Stefan started and Briana found an opening to enter the conversation. 

"It is true. Elena is sired to Damon." Briana stepped into view, both vampires focus on her. 

"What? How do you know?" Caroline questioned. 

"How do you think?" Briana quipped back crossing her arms over her chest. Caroline and Stefan's faces turning in realization. 

"So what are we going to do?" Briana asked, she genuinely wanted to help, not only because she loved Damon and Elena, but maybe whatever information they figure out can provide her some clarity on what would happen if she were to turn. 

Stefan rubbed his hands frustrated on his face, "Caroline, talk to Tyler. Maybe he'll know what to do. Bri, you're coming with me." Stefan instructed. 

Briana furrowed a brow, "And where might we be going?" 

"To talk to Damon. He'll listen to you." Stefan expressed knowing his relationship with his brother was on the rocks since Elena's transition. 

Briana nodded before running back upstairs to get dressed. She looked down at her phone to see she had a good morning text from Klaus. A smiled formed across her face as she responded, but slowly faded as she read the dreaded words no child wants to hear from their mother: 

Mom: Are you up? Meet me at the station. We need to talk.

-----------------

Briana got in touch with Liz where it was concluded the matter they needed to discuss wasn't urgent, but should be done today meaning Briana had time to stop by the Salvatore house on her way.