XXVIX: The Killer

Briana had a lot of thinking to do. Her mind hasn't stopped wondering what about the cure is so important to Klaus that he can't tell her. After everything they have been through, for this of all things to potentially be the end of them was ridiculous. Briana was furious. She was angry that he won't just tell her the truth. That once again his pride was effecting their happiness together but she can't be with someone who can't be honest with her. She can't love a man who keeps secrets from her, especially to this degree. 

Briana didn't want to do anything today. She wanted to sulk, drink and think. Klaus would be back from Italy tomorrow and she needed to prepare herself for the worst. But per usual, the universe had other plans for her today as Conner escaped last night and has now taken Jeremy Gilbert hostage at the Grill. 

So here she was, sat on the living room couch at Tyler Lockwood's house, working with her friends to devise a plan to save them. 

"So we each take a different entrance, hit him at the same time." Damon explained. Briana rubbed her temple and rolled her eyes. Yeah, she thought, because a bunch of vampires storming a vampire hunter will definitely end well. 

Stefan walked through the door as Elena ran to him, beyond worried for her brother's safety. 

"Where the hell have you been?" Damon questioned his younger brother. 

Stefan did a double take when he saw Briana sitting there. After last night's revelation, there was no doubt in his mind that she would've joined Klaus on his Italian quest. 

"Coming up with a plan." Stefan sternly replied as he wrapped his arm around Elena. 

"Yeah we have a plan. The plan is I'm going to rip Conner's heart out and feed it to him." Damon spoke cockily as Briana rolled her eyes again. 

"That is not a plan." Briana spoke standing up, growing agitated by Damon's over confidence.

"Bri's right we need to be careful. Conner has Jeremy and who knows how many other hostages." Stefan tried to explain. 

"Hence the open heart surgery." Damon said smugly. 

"You know when your idiotic plan fails and he kills you, I'll be sure to write a great eulogy." Briana said sarcastically shooting the older Salvatore a fake smile. 

"Damon's right. Conner's strong but he's not going to able to take on all of us." Elena added calmly. 

"I called in the hybrids to help too." Tyler walked into the room. Briana shifted uncomfortable at even the mention of hybrids knowing the wedge that siring them has drawn between her and Klaus. 

Stefan and Briana made brief eye contact. They were the only two in the room who know about the cure and Klaus was determined to keep it that way. 

"My mom put squad cars blocking the streets. They're saying its a fault gas line. We're good to go." Caroline stepped back into the room after informing Liz of the situation.

"Good. Great. No cops, no witnesses, no reason to wait around." Damon said urgently. His desire to kill the hunter growing by the second. 

"Alright, hold on, you're not all going." Stefan spoke taking leadership over the situation.

"He shot me like nine times if we're killing him I want in." Tyler protested

"He's got Jeremy. I'm going." Elena urged. 

"Alright listen no one is going anywhere until I figure out what we're walking into." Stefan demanded. 

Damon's temper was rising, "Until you figure it out?" He sneered at his brother, "Is that where you've been all morning? Out buying bossy pants?"