XV: The New Deal

Klaus stared back at Briana. His eyes wide with worry, with fear, with shock. 

Briana nervously covered her face, feeling her new fangs emerge. She was shaking with the fear of what she had done and what she had become. 

"Whats happening to me?" She questioned, her voice shaking. 

"No." Klaus shook his head in disbelief. Klaus grabbed her shoulders looking her up and down as her painful groans subsided. 

"Klaus what's happening to me?" Her body was now trembling in fear. She repeated the question over and over nonstop. 

"Sweetheart I need you to calm down." He spoke. His voice softened to try and calm her nerves. His hands still on her shoulders. Examining her for any other injuries. 

At the sound of his voice soothing her, she let out a deep breath and regained her composure. Tears started welling her eyes in realization. 

"What's happening to me?" She spoke again just barely above a whisper. Her eyes pleading for an answer. For the pain to go away. 

Klaus let out a nervous sigh knowing what he was about to say would strip her of the life, the innocence, she's only ever known. 

"You activated your werewolf curse." He spoke. Briana couldn't move. It was like she was paralyzed in shock. 

"Wh-what?" She stuttered as the tears began to fall. She looked around the room for something to grab on to steady herself. Her breathing increased to the point she was hyperventilating. 

Klaus couldn't stand to see her that way. He quickly wrapped her into his arms and she instantly fell into his embraced. 

The two stood there in the hug for what felt like hours. Neither one of them able to speak, but Klaus pressing comforting kisses to the top of her head while she tried to get her breathing back to a normal pace. 

She closed her eyes as her head rested upon his chest. Taking in the warmth of the body and the scent of the cologne. It relaxed her. 

After regaining control she pulled her head away from his chest in realization, their arms still embraced, "the guy in the woods" were all the words Briana could muster. 

He looked down at her confused. She avoided his gaze as she continued to put the pieces together, "the guy in the woods. I killed him." She spoke as her voice broke on the last part of her sentence. 

"Oh my god I killed him. I'm a monster." The tears started to fall once again. 

"Briana, sweetheart hey listen to me." Klaus spoke softly as he cupped her head in his hands. 

"Tell me what happened." Briana looked up at him with tear filled eyes. 

The pair walked over to the stairs of the Lockwood foyer so she could sit. 

"I needed some air so I walked away from the party and this guy who I have never seen before came over and attacked me. He was holding me by the throat, I could feel the air leaving my lungs. He was using enough strength to hold me down but not enough to kill me. It was just enough where I was in fight or flight." Briana avoided eye contact with Klaus as she recalled the mortifying details of the events that took place earlier tonight. 

Klaus had his hand on the back of her head, playing with her hair soothingly as she spoke. The small gesture was keeping Briana calm more than she had realized. He gave her a confusing look as she spoke. 

"He just kept saying 'he told me I can't stop' over and over again it was almost like-" 

"He was compelled." Klaus finished the brunette's thought. She looked up and him realizing that is exactly what happened.